GP-10 - Help: broken Expression SW?

Started by MrSparkle, July 29, 2017, 07:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSparkle

My GP10 was working great yesterday morning at one gig... few hours later, at the next gig the switch refused to press down. No idea what happened but I imagine I must've engaged the wah with a little too much oomph. Definitely never felt a mechanic failure.

Has anyone fixed a Boss series expression pedal before? I presume they're all very similar if not the same parts. Question is whether it's easy to go under the hood?

Brak(E)man

Have you tried to reset the expression pedal and adjust the sensitivity on the switch ?
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

admin

Avoid using the GP-10 on Padded carpeting

This often make engaging the expression pedal toe switch impossible.

I place a wood board under the GP-10 , and recalibrate the Expression pedal for the type of floor I use

sixeight

QuoteMy GP10 was working great yesterday morning at one gig... few hours later, at the next gig the switch refused to press down. No idea what happened but I imagine I must've engaged the wah with a little too much oomph. Definitely never felt a mechanic failure.

The truth is: there is no switch below the expression pedal of the GP10. The expression pedal detects a hard press as an expression switch press. Probably the second gig you had your GP10 on carpet. Recalibrating the expression pedal is the right solution here...

MrSparkle

Whoo-Thanks folks, that was easy!

Re-calibrated and it works. Interesting/good to know that it's pressure based and not an actual switch. Boss fooled me (always found their exp. sw. to be the better feeling ones out there)!

I played outdoors on concrete (and hardwood before), but I did do a few system edits to account for diff. amps and guitars, so perhaps I accidentally adjusted the threshold for the switch.  ???