RC-300 - main output vs SUB output

Started by CanadianGirl, April 24, 2017, 07:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianGirl

Hey everyone,
I'm kinda newbie at this so pls bear with me.  :-\
I use my looper for gigs (mic & guitar). I put everything into my looper and the Main output goes to a DI. It's impossible for the PA guy to balance the sounds because he's getting all my signals from just one spot (the main output). I can balance my loop sounds myself, but I want him to have an output where just my live guitar can be heard. Im guessing this is what that Sub output is for?
My question is, how do I make sub output just for my live guitar sounds and main output for all my loops?  ???
Thanks in advance everyone. 

chrish

See page 20 of the manual. You can select which output,sub,main or main+sub, is used for the input signal.

Then go to page 17 through 19 of the manual where it shows how to select either the main out,  sub out, or main+sub output for each recorded Loop track (1,2,3) for each phrase memory (1-99).

So you can select the main outputs for each Loop track and then you can select the sub out for whatever signal is input into the auxiliary in jacks, the instrument in jacks, and\or the mic in jacks.

Go to page 33 of the manual. You want to make sure that the system settings are all set to "memory" for sys: track 1,2,3 out and for the sys: input out.

Note that you will have to do this setup procedure for each phrase memory (1-99) unless you set up a template phrase that has all your output and other  phrase  memory settings.

With the template phrase you record all your loops into that template phrase (set to phase location #1)and then save that to different phrase memory location(2-99).

Or if you're doing live looping you can set up in advance  the output settings,tempo,track measures,name,etc and save those settings to each phrase memory that will used during the performance.
Welcome to The Forum.

maxquad57

Our band just spent a while trying to figure this out. Regarding this:

"Go to page 33 of the manual. You want to make sure that the system settings are all set to "memory" for sys: track 1,2,3 out and for the sys: input out."

This won't give you the separated outs for guitar and loops. Instead of setting to "memory" for all the loop tracks, rhythm track and for the (guitar) input, choose Main for all the loop tracks plus rhythm and Sub for the input. Now you will have completely separate outputs that can be controlled independently at the soundboard, one for your loops and one for your guitar. Plus, the FX can be routed to the input if you want to put a bit of chorus or delay on your guitar.

The beauty of this approach is that you don't need to do a save for every single track because it's a global setting.

Threeleggedyoyo

If you set your RC to stereo, your R input will come out of the R outs and your L will come out of the L outputs. That's the easiest way to get what to you're after. (The Aux jack is stereo and does this too. The Mic jack is mono and always comes out both).

You can also use the Subs like you suggest, though maybe not the way you're expecting. As has been pointed out each track can be set to play back on mains, subs, or both. If you use Multi mode and are in the habit of always recording your guitar on a particular track, you could do it that way.

You can also set the Input to be mains, subs, or both. This is whatever you're "currently playing," not playing back on a loop. You could also set this to Mains, Subs, or both.

So that gives you some options for routing and mixing after the fact.