Godin Multiac Nylon / COSM Guitars Question

Started by Singwas, January 02, 2017, 11:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singwas

Was this asked before? Do the nylon strings have any influence on my COSM-Guitar Patches? I recently bought a Godin Multiac and tried it with some patches I created for my Godin LGX SA. It seems that the LGX SA sounds brighter, for example when simulating a Strat. Is this possible?
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

Elantric

QuoteWas this asked before? Do the nylon strings have any influence on my COSM-Guitar Patches? I recently bought a Godin Multiac and tried it with some patches I created for my Godin LGX SA. It seems that the LGX SA sounds brighter, for example when simulating a Strat. Is this possible?

Of course the Guitar modeling sounds very different when a Guitar with Nylon strings vs a guitar with Steel strings  - with guitar modeling - (unlike MIDI Guitar) no PCM sounds are triggered - instead the actual vibrating strings and their original timbre are the oscillator and the string type impacts the resulting DSP guitar modeling big time.

People forget Roland  / Boss support for "Nylon Guitars" is a bit of an afterthought to support the nylon string Godins, as Roland does not make Nylon string 13 pin guitar systems   

Singwas

Thanks. A second question (i dont want to open a new threat). What Multi-Effect would you suggest for the 1/4 normal output? I only want some clean boost (for solo), delay, reverb, maybe phaser oder chorus and at the end of the chain an amp-simulation (i need one, yes?). No distortion, wah...
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre