Pretty sad world

Started by Elantric, June 06, 2009, 05:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyD

Hendrix, bare none is my all time biggest inspiration on guitar.  Reading this just sickened me. 

First time I heard Purple Haze it was game over for me.

Not sure if I should thank you for your info. :'(

BobbyD

Quote from: aliensporebomb on August 12, 2014, 09:00:40 PM

Another one: Roy Buchanan's death always stunk to high heaven to me.  The Guitar World article "The Lonesome Death of Roy Buchanan" was a fascinating and chilling read.

Roy Buchanan was one of my favorite all time guitarists and one of my very first influences on guitar. I was  learning his material back in 1980 when I was just playing for 3 years.  Jeff Beck called him the world's best kept secret. Very few people know about him.  When I just read your post, I was happy that another guitarist knew about this amazing guitar player and it brought back good memories but also saddened me because I never knew there was anything suspicious about how he had died.  I was lucky enough to see him at My Fathers Place in Long Island New York before he died.  I have the Godin Session guitars that look like a Telecaster and have single coil pickups.   As much as i loved Roy, I was a Les Paul humbucker player my entire life until this year.  I finally realized realize that as you mature on guitar, you understand why single coil pickups are preferred by many of the best players because because of the nuances you can get from these type of pickups.  I would love to own a Tele after reading about Roy. It's been so long since i listened to one of his albums.  I am listening to Spotify as I type this and going to find one of his albums on Spotify and play it as soon as I hit "post" key.  I am sure we have both listened to some of the very best guitarists that many members on this site never heard about only because of the age of the members. Plus, they are more into guitar synths than analog guitar which by know means is a knock.  Guitar synth is just to cool not to love. But the rub is the better you become on analog guitar, the much better you will sound on a guitar synth. IMHO of course.

whippinpost91850

I love RoyB. and listen to him all the time on my iPhone

mooncaine

Folks, I'm no insurance expert at all, but I'm pretty sure that life insurance will not pay for a suicide, and didn't Mr. Cobain kill himself with a gun?

Oh, I get it ... the allegations would be that someone else shot him. Oh.

Elantric

musicamex

Quote from: Elantric on September 16, 2015, 10:17:56 AM
If I brought my 1965  5th grade Science fair "Friction" project to school today - Id probably be arrested by Homeland security as an  Iroquois terrorist

I checked your bio and realize you aren't all that younger than i am.  So much for the old fart excuse, though this last decade has been the most noticeable to date.  Maybe there more silver hairs in my midst here than i suspected. 

In 65 i was working the night shift in a Motown auto factory and studying chemistry during the day.  Still made time for guitar, about the time Moog was getting his PhD.   Whoda guessed i would have been so smitten and where it would lead me.  Like an alien spore bomb went off in the atmosphere......or something like that.
--

https://twitter.com/IStandWithAhmed

https://twitter.com/tweetsoutloud/status/644148507159334912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Tony Raven

Quote from: mooncaine on January 17, 2016, 03:45:38 PMI'm pretty sure that life insurance will not pay for a suicide
There's what's called a suicide provision (sometimes referred to as a suicide clause). As one site says,
QuoteThe suicide provision states that if the person covered by the life insurance policy dies as the result of suicide within two years from the policy issue date then any beneficiaries would not be able to collect the death benefit.
The "lag time" can vary. Back in the late '90s, my roommate got a new job with some great perks, including life insurance. His policy had a six-month wait.

However, being that insurance is often sold by packs of scheming duplicitous weasels, they may move to deny on the basis of non-disclosure of preexisting mental illness. Similar for revelation of a history of alcohol or drug abuse. Heath Ledger's insuror tried to duck payment, claiming it was suicide & happily pointing out the $10 million policy was bought only seven months previous. They stuck to this story even after the death was ruled accidental. Only a successful suit by Ledger's estate changed this, & even then only got a percentage :o for ledger's three-year-old daughter... to be held in trust until she turns 18. ::)

chrish

Quote from:  admsustainiac
http://www.attworldnews.com/news/cia-agent-confesses-on-deathbed-i-killed-bob-marley/

"Wait!
Are you sure you want to go there?
The link you clicked is taking you to: www.attworldnews.com/news/cia-agent-conf...
McAfee tested this site and found files that contain viruses, spyware, or other potentially unwanted programs.
Read the site report"

admin

http://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-2018-harmonic-hendrix-home-guitars-are-built-out-of-wood-salvaged-from-jimis-childhood-home

NAMM 2018: Harmonic Hendrix Home Guitars are built out of wood salvaged from Jimi's childhood home

Woods from the bedroom and living room of the Hendrix family's Seattle home has been used, including African blackwood back and sides, while the neck is composed of floorboards.

Just about every aspect of the Hendrix home that can be used has been employed here, including side fret markers made out of wiring encased in silver, while the fret markers started life as floorboard nails, and the soundhole rosette is constructed from paint chips scraped from floorboards.

Elsewhere, Hendrix's logo appears at the 12th fret, and the Authentic Hendrix logo crops up on the rear of the headstock, which also appears to play host to Graph Tech Ratio tuners.

Suffice to say, it's an exhaustively constructed instrument.

Each limited-edition guitar contains an actual piece of Jimi's legacy and family heritage, the place he called home

Janie Hendrix
"Jimi's guitar was an extension of himself ... a part of who he was, says Janie Hendrix, President and CEO of Authentic Hendrix.

"What makes this JOI Hendrix Home Guitar so special and meaningful is that each limited-edition guitar contains an actual piece of Jimi's legacy and family heritage, the place he called home. So, in a sense, it's a part of Jimi. And we are deeply moved by the entire concept."

Part of the proceeds from sales of the guitars will go to the Jimi Hendrix Park Foundation.

Presales of Harmonic Hendrix Home Guitars are now being accepted - see JOI Guitars for more info

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/guitars-built-out-of-wood-salvaged-from-jimis-childhood-home.1905104/

-----
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25675923/

They tore the house down in 2009. How do I know I'm not getting Home Depot wood?

"What's wrong with you, Brad? I've got Home Depot wood."

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/jimi-hendrix-childhood-home-torn-down/

Kevin M

Quote from: admsustainiac on January 22, 2018, 12:31:34 PM
http://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-2018-harmonic-hendrix-home-guitars-are-built-out-of-wood-salvaged-from-jimis-childhood-home

NAMM 2018: Harmonic Hendrix Home Guitars are built out of wood salvaged from Jimi's childhood home

Woods from the bedroom and living room of the Hendrix family's Seattle home has been used, including African blackwood back and sides, while the neck is composed of floorboards.

Just about every aspect of the Hendrix home that can be used has been employed here, including side fret markers made out of wiring encased in silver, while the fret markers started life as floorboard nails, and the soundhole rosette is constructed from paint chips scraped from floorboards.

Elsewhere, Hendrix's logo appears at the 12th fret, and the Authentic Hendrix logo crops up on the rear of the headstock, which also appears to play host to Graph Tech Ratio tuners.

Suffice to say, it's an exhaustively constructed instrument.

Each limited-edition guitar contains an actual piece of Jimi's legacy and family heritage, the place he called home

Janie Hendrix
"Jimi's guitar was an extension of himself ... a part of who he was, says Janie Hendrix, President and CEO of Authentic Hendrix.

"What makes this JOI Hendrix Home Guitar so special and meaningful is that each limited-edition guitar contains an actual piece of Jimi's legacy and family heritage, the place he called home. So, in a sense, it's a part of Jimi. And we are deeply moved by the entire concept."

Part of the proceeds from sales of the guitars will go to the Jimi Hendrix Park Foundation.

Presales of Harmonic Hendrix Home Guitars are now being accepted - see JOI Guitars for more info

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/guitars-built-out-of-wood-salvaged-from-jimis-childhood-home.1905104/

-----
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25675923/

They tore the house down in 2009. How do I know I'm not getting Home Depot wood?

"What's wrong with you, Brad? I've got Home Depot wood."

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/jimi-hendrix-childhood-home-torn-down/

My guess is that they are going to be cost prohibitive for us 'working stiffs'.

Rhcole

I'm sorry, but tearing out the walls and floorboards in the house Jimi lived in and making guitars out of them just seems crass to me.  >:(
Jimi had a hard childhood with little guidance and mentoring. It's a miracle he survived long enough to share his enormous talents at all.

plexified

Tragic for sure. Lets not overlook the fact that DARPA created Television as a weapon for the populous and the entire music industry is no doubt under their control from day one. In an extreme example one can look to Freeway Ricky Ross and his entire story. The Social engineering runs deep. Everyone thinks Napster was a rouge college kid. No. In-Q-Tel is a branch of DARPA that funds the companies it needs in the mainstream for its agenda. So like Google, Facebook, twitter, Apple, Microsoft, Intel, Amazon etc. etc. Napster was a construct. It was established and implemented to disperse Music at a hyperspeed pace to advance its agenda. Whats the agenda? Watch any HOLLYWOOD award ceremony very closely. The communication platform to the world and celebration of its members. So these artists deaths are constructs. Some people are worth more dead than alive. And some develop a voice that's dangerous. So they die. Know that the revenue goes to the black budget. The deep state runs the show. In other words Zuckerberg is not a trillionaire. He is the puppet of a DARPA company. So now you know.

chrish

That's quite a tail, but how sure are we that Zuckerberg is not an AI lifeform? :D

When faced with such a question I generally consult Progressive rock and rollers and seek their wisdom.

I really like this line in this Chris Squire lyric off his solo album,

"Everything's clear here is here

And everything is as it appears to be"

"You know I love you, we can't be without you
When I'm alone, I still feel this way about you
Every thing's clear, here is here
And everything is as it appears to be so
Here am I dreaming, I stand by myself
Look and it's easy to see that
I'm not the only one reaching for a new kind of wealth
Reaching with nothing to hide and you by my side
You know we love you, we can't be without you
When we're at home, we still feel this way about you
Every thing's clear, here is here
And everything is as it appears to be so
Here we are dreaming, we stand by ourselves
Look and it's easy to see that
We're not the only ones reaching for a new kind of wealth
Reaching with nothing to hide, you on our side"

Songwriters: Chris Squire

mooncaine

Save The Unborn Baby Whale Forests!

doodarooni

Hendrix home guitars price list:

https://f306dd31-73bc-4f5d-8711-200ae26b6522.filesusr.com/ugd/b330ee_be990ced17fe4accb1451be22d9e9a88.pdf

:o

Definitely out of the price range for working stiffs

plexified

So, it sends us to a guitar makers site. What are you transmitting here?

World looks pretty good about now.

edit: in the moments of silence

I can't even begin to expand on my comments above, you can pm me. This is a place about music and celebrating life, big important stuff. Lets keep working on music and how it flows from within!

Mrchevy

Quote from: Kevin M on January 22, 2018, 08:27:27 PM
My guess is that they are going to be cost prohibitive for us 'working stiffs'.
I have a custom built stove and matching lunch box made from a 1969 Dodge Daytona Super Bird. Price:$130,000.00.  Contact Swampland Marketing to purchase  ;D
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

plexified

Ha ha, Bird market price ,

check.

One of my faves.

But Mrchevy , its a MOPAR !!

Both foreign! now

Mate.

Mrchevy

I've always been a Chevy guy but my first car was a 73 Plymouth Roadrunner. Loyal to classic Chevys, but a soft spot for Mopars. Fords, not so much although they do keep my tools from getting rusty ;)
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

gumbo

Quote from: Mrchevy on December 28, 2019, 12:07:08 AM
I've always been a Chevy guy but my first car was a 73 Plymouth Roadrunner. Loyal to classic Chevys, but a soft spot for Mopars. Fords, not so much although they do keep my tools from getting rusty ;)

If I don't want my tools to get rusty, I place them UNDER an MG or Triumph.......
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Mrchevy

Quote from: gumbo on December 28, 2019, 05:08:54 AM
If I don't want my tools to get rusty, I place them UNDER an MG or Triumph.......
When I was young I had a thing for the Triumph Spitfire. My high school buddy had a TR-7("The shape of things to come") :). After seeing all the trouble he had with it, I passed on the Spitfire and got the Road Runner. Never looked back, except to see if he was keeping up. He got more chicks though ;D. Maybe I would have fared better with the convertible...........nah!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

gumtown

Quote from: gumbo on December 28, 2019, 05:08:54 AM
I have a Truimph that doesn't leak oil at all, a more modern Speedmaster model though.
Now if it were a Harley ...  ;D
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Mrchevy

I love this episode of Home Improvement. The main focus is the garage scene but feel free to watch the rest
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

Mrchevy

Quote from:  philjynx on December 29, 2019, 06:58:11 AM
What was this thread about again?
Bench racing makes an otherwise sad world a better place ;D 8)
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones