Started by Elantric, June 30, 2015, 10:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaobraga

Congrats Autana

Simply Beautiful!
nice playing and the synth and guitar tones and phrasing
are just perfect for the mix.

roachone

That is some great playing and sound there my friend! Great job.

JoBoss

Simply WOW...great mix, balance & dexterity....nice ambience... :)

Rolloq

Tried to open Mac     OSX 10.6~11  20161104-Beta   (04th Nov  2016)   [GP-10Edit_mac- and it won t open in 10.6.8 SL i have mac pro early 2008 desktop. ???

Rolloq

gumtown

Quote from: Rolloq on November 15, 2016, 01:40:04 AM
Tried to open Mac     OSX 10.6~11  20161104-Beta   (04th Nov  2016)   [GP-10Edit_mac- and it won t open in 10.6.8 SL i have mac pro early 2008 desktop. ???

Rolloq

Minimum requirement for OSX and mac hardware is to be running in 64bit mode, possibly the hardware is too old.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Rolloq

Minimum requirement for OSX and mac hardware is to be running in 64bit mode, possibly the hardware is too old.

Mac pro early 2008 desktop has support for 64 bits i thinks it is the graphics.

Gumtown i think your right the hardware is to old.

aliensporebomb

Tested on MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 iMac Corei7 4.0 ghz w/ 32 gigs of ram.

This seems to work beautifully.

Bravo!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumtown

Quote from: aliensporebomb on November 30, 2016, 12:09:51 AM
Tested on MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 iMac Corei7 4.0 ghz w/ 32 gigs of ram.

This seems to work beautifully.

Bravo!
That is great to know, thank you.  8)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

BladesToyShop

FYI, I'm having minor issues with saving the settings on Windows 10 (Insider editions). Issue is that it won't save them, period, or seems to save them and not read them after restarting. Not something that's important to me until I get my GP-10 after next paycheck.

LinzHenderson

Quote from: BladesToyShop on June 10, 2018, 10:29:08 AM
FYI, I'm having minor issues with saving the settings on Windows 10 (Insider editions). Issue is that it won't save them, period, or seems to save them and not read them after restarting. Not something that's important to me until I get my GP-10 after next paycheck.

I'm having the same problem on Mac OS 10.13.5 (and earlier versions). I change the preferences for MIDI (I need to switch between 2 x GP-10s), but nothing is ever saved on exit. There's no preferences file in the folder, or anywhere else I can see.

LOVE the editor, but that's the only thing holding me back from using it right now. I need to be able to load it and quickly adjust settings as I'm working via Duet on an iPad and it's not quite easy enough to get in and change preferences using the iPad.

IF I could save preferences, I'm hoping I can have 2 copies of the GP-Edit folders, and have a desktop alias for each of my GP-10s, so I can quickly dive in on stage if I need to.

Other than that, it's a great application - thanks!

LinzHenderson

Solved my problem!

I had a search and found the GR-55 Editor has a similar issue.

Even though I'd set the folder's permissions for Read/Write access to me, 'everyone', and 'staff', it wasn't until I added 'Administrators' to the permissions list and set R/W access from there.

I was able to duplicate the folder, set 2 aliases on my desktop, and have instant access to both of my rack mounted GP-10s at the same time. That, alongside HX-Edit, and Variax Workbench HD, mean I can have a really neat setup and not have to go near my rack. It also means I can easily check things using Duet on my iPad through my headless Mac mini at a gig if there's an emergency. This could be fun!!!

It's perfect now! Thanks Colin!!!

MountainCraft

Just found out about this..

Does this work on W10 now?

Reading through the posts, I am under the impression that it can connect to the GP-10 via a UM-One and MIDX-20 via the MIDX-20 MIDI ports, thus leaving the GP-10 connected to my MS-3 via USB/MIDX-20 and all that remains functional..

Also, since Adobe Air is not required, will using this alleviate the issue I was having on my W10 laptop where the driver was not being installed (thus BTS would not communicate with the GP-10)?

Is all of  this true?

Also, is the last link provided in this thread still the best place to download it?

Any chance there is a similar editor/librarian for the MS-3 by now other than the BOSS one, which can only be accessed by connecting the laptop directly to the MS-3 via USB?

Thanks,
Mark

gumtown

Yes it will work on Windows 10, any saving issues may require the program be launched with the "Run as Administrator" open from the desktop icon (right click option).
If you use the GP-10 direct to computer, then the GP-10 USB driver is required, if using MIDX-20 and UM-One, then just the U-One is required to be selected in the editor "Preferences>Midi" menu.

It is still available from the same download site. 

MountainCraft

Quote from: gumtown on July 26, 2019, 01:25:39 PM
Yes it will work on Windows 10, any saving issues may require the program be launched with the "Run as Administrator" open from the desktop icon (right click option).
If you use the GP-10 direct to computer, then the GP-10 USB driver is required, if using MIDX-20 and UM-One, then just the U-One is required to be selected in the editor "Preferences>Midi" menu.

It is still available from the same download site.

Awesome! This is great news as I was never able to get the driver to install on my W10 laptop...
Off to download it..

Thanks!
Mark

chappi

Need some help with the editor. I've minimised the left hand patch list in the editor and clicking on the tab won't bring it back again. Tried restart app and have looked through menus but no luck - what am I missing?

Thanks

Chris

gumtown

Quote from: chappi on August 05, 2020, 11:15:38 PM
Need some help with the editor. I've minimised the left hand patch list in the editor and clicking on the tab won't bring it back again. Tried restart app and have looked through menus but no luck - what am I missing?

Thanks

Chris
on the vertical bar section (above or below the arrow in the middle) point and click on the bar, hold the mouse button down and drag the bar to the right until you have a good amount of viewable space.
Failing that, you can delete a file in the editor install folder named "preferences.xml", when deleted, the editor can start and the 'default' settings will be applied.

matigrob

Hi Gumtown! thank you for doing this! but... is it supposed to work on OSX 14? it does not on mine. it tries to connect and fails saying that the port number is not valid.
the BOSS Tone Studio does work

in the drawings of the GP-10 we can see a USBAudio In Lvl parameter which controls the volume of the signal coming back from the computer
how can I set that? I only found it in the System Common Parameters as 00 04
thank you!
Matthias

Shakidoby

Hi everybody, I have an issue with the GP-10 Edit Patch Editor.
Everything works under Windows 10 so far, but when I want to copy patches to the Patch Clipboard, the Editor crashes. Any idea how to solve that problem?
Roland Gr-55, Boss GP-10
Gibson Les Paul Studio (1991) with GK-3
Ibanez RG-550XH with GK-2
Harley Benton BM-75 with GK-3

gumtown

Quote from: Shakidoby on January 23, 2024, 05:31:41 PMHi everybody, I have an issue with the GP-10 Edit Patch Editor.
Everything works under Windows 10 so far, but when I want to copy patches to the Patch Clipboard, the Editor crashes. Any idea how to solve that problem?

Looking at it now, I can't seem to replicate the problem.
Are there specific patches causing the problem ? or with every one ?
Do you have the latest version installed (in the Help Menu > about GP-10FxFloorBoard) should be version 20230820 (20th August 2023)
latest version download here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/files/GP-10/

Shakidoby

Thanks for having a look on my problem. No, the version I have is the latest one. And it seems to happen everytime, no special patches. It happens even, when the GP-10 is not connected. Should I maybe uninstall and reinstall it? The GR-55 editor works perfect on the same laptop.
Roland Gr-55, Boss GP-10

gumtown

Actually, hang on, I have two copies of the same version, the distributed one crashes, and the other, I must presume was fixed, but the version never updated, nor released.
I will package the new Windows now and upload it soon.
Sorry about that..

gumtown

now the windows version is updated, let me know if there are any issues, don't have a GP-10 anymore for testing.

Shakidoby

Quote from: gumtown on February 01, 2024, 05:08:57 PMnow the windows version is updated, let me know if there are any issues, don't have a GP-10 anymore for testing.
Thank you so much, it works so far I can see. If I find anything, I'll report it.
Roland Gr-55, Boss GP-10

gumtown

Updated the Windows version, due to finding a small quirk in the midi functions, sending a device reset after every parameter interaction.
May or may not have been noticeable, but fixed and updated anyway.
Also tried resizing and fitting the GK modeling functions page in a bit better (some stuff can be a bit squeezed under various resolutions and screen sizes).