GT-100 - How to move the tuner?

Started by Dan1948, August 25, 2014, 05:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan1948

Hi ALl,

I use the Manual Patch setting on my GT100 when playing live and keep hitting the 1&2 buttons by mistake which turns on the tuner. How do I go about moving the tune to another set of buttons?

Thank in advance for any help guys!

Dan
You ain't to old if you can Rock & Roll!

Elantric

The Tuner access buttons are a fixed function of the GT100 Not possible to change.

gumtown

With the version 2 firmware update there is now an option in the system/menu (somewhere) to switch 'off' the tuner pedal (1+2) function.

But can't use other combinations of pedals, (as in 'moving it').
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Dan1948

Well that sucks! Can I make the tuner out of say, the expression pedal or maybe FX1? I only use the Manual mode.

gumtown

You can "Assign" other pedals to be the Tuner (EXP pedal, EXP switch, Accel, CTL, sub CTL 1, or sub CTL 2).
Also "Num Pedal" which is selecting the same pedal number which is also the current patch, but that is only useful in Patch Mode.

Most others use the EXP pedal and an Assign so that when the pedal is near minimum volume (heel down) the Tuner comes on.

Just that there is not "built in" function to group pairs of pedals into a Tuner function like the 1 + 2 pedals do.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Dan1948

Most others use the EXP pedal and an Assign so that when the pedal is near minimum volume (heel down) the Tuner comes on.

Cool Gumtown! Could you tell me how to go about making the expression pedal the tuner?

gumtown

Quote from: Dan1948 on August 25, 2014, 03:19:47 PM

Cool Gumtown! Could you tell me how to go about making the expression pedal the tuner?

**********Assign 8***********
[Assign-8: On/Off] = On
[Assign-8: Target] = TUNER: Tuner Sw
[Assign-8: Min] = On
[Assign-8: Max] = Off
[Assign-8: Source] = EXP PDL
[Assign-8: Source Mode ] = Moment
[Assign-8: Range Low] = 0
[Assign-8: Range High] = 5

save this for each patch you want the tuner operated by the EXP pedal.
Adjust the "Range High" setting to the spot where the Tuner switches in/out

Dan1948

Thanks so much for the help Colin! You always come through for me whether it's on my GR55 or my GT100. I'll try this tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Dan

Dan1948

Hey Colin, I got the tuner working with the exp pedal by following your instructions. Cool! Got a strange problem now though. I use a EV-1 exp pedal out of the sub exp jack that I use for volume. I never used the exp pedal on the unit for anything but wah when the pedal switch is is stepped on. Now without stepping on the switch the pedal becomes a volume pedal with the heel down the tuner. My EV-1 pedal will work only when I nail it all the way then its ok and the exp pedal on the unit won't work as a volume until I heel down to tune then it becomes a volume pedal again and the EV-1 shuts off.

Am I making any sense? How can I get the GT100 expression pedal to just be the tuner and not effect my EV-1 set to volume?

Thanks, Dan

gumtown

By default the EXP pedal function is set to Wah/FV,
so while the EXP pedal is not doing Wah, it is doing Foot volume, so it is fighting against the EXP2 Volume.
If you set the EXP pedal function from Wah/FV to just Wah,
I think it will disable the EXP pedal doing Foot Volume.

That assign which makes the EXP pedal switch on the Tuner with heel down, could also be applied to the EXP2 pedal,
just so that the Tuner can come on at minimum volume,
instead of the risk of muting your sound when you get carried away with using the Wah on the EXP pedal.

Dan1948

Quote from: gumtown on August 31, 2014, 02:20:14 PM
By default the EXP pedal function is set to Wah/FV,
so while the EXP pedal is not doing Wah, it is doing Foot volume, so it is fighting against the EXP2 Volume.
If you set the EXP pedal function from Wah/FV to just Wah,
I think it will disable the EXP pedal doing Foot Volume.

That assign which makes the EXP pedal switch on the Tuner with heel down, could also be applied to the EXP2 pedal,
just so that the Tuner can come on at minimum volume,
instead of the risk of muting your sound when you get carried away with using the Wah on the EXP pedal.

Colin, that did the trick! If I have a problem with the wah I will switch the tuner over to the EV-1.

Send me the bill buddy!

Thanks for your help Colin!

Dan

jwoertz

Old topic but I just wanted to say THANKS for this info. I picked up a GT-100 at a good price, kind-of thinking "it's a classic now." I'll be using the 4-cable method (no modeling) and this tuner trick will help free up some space. I am coming from a TC Nova System, which has just become too limited. Although the Nova System sounds better, the GT-200 is way more flexible. With my luck, BOSS will release a new GT this week or something but for now, this is good.

Dan1948

I still use my GT-100 and love it as much as when I bought it. I've owned them all but still love the GT-100!