GR-55 - Quick switching between Bass and Guitar Mode

Started by Dominic Marcinkowski, February 14, 2018, 03:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominic Marcinkowski

Hey ho, I'm currently satisfied with using my GR-55 with my guitar and GK-3, but I plan also using my bass.
Because of playing in a band where switching between guitar and bass is a common thing for me I wonder if anyone has experience with "sharing" the GR-55 with both, guitar and bass.
So I know the GR-55 can switch to bass mode, but does it erase all the guitar patches? Is there any "fast" way of switching between the modes?
Is usage with the different GK-3 Pickup types in one session a practical thing or is the GK-3B usage strictly bound to the bass mode?
Thanks!

Beirne

I switch guitar bass a lot.
Bass mode has "bass" patches. It becomes a Bass gr55
Make sure you have system Guitars and Bass guitar pickup setps in the same order.
Like your gk strat is in guitar preset 1 and your jazzbass is in bass preset 1. That will save you some menu changing.
Because the gr55 defaults to the last guitar /bass input settings you last used.
If yu have multiple guitars and basses that are GK pickup equipped you will have an input sensitivity setup for each one.

And , there is no fast way to switch the GR55 to bass mode other than menu diving and power on off.
www.intangiblesny.com
www.facebook.com/intangiblesband

Dominic Marcinkowski

Hey, thanks. What about the user patches, are they kept?

gumtown

Guitar mode has it's own set of User and Preset patches,
Bass mode also has it's own set of independent User and Preset patches.
The patches in one mode do not over-write any in the opposite mode.

As Beirne mentioned,
a common parameter between both modes is the GK-Set selection, where the same number is set between both modes.
So if you have a guitar "GK - Set" set to "Guitar 2", in bass mode "GK Set" will be set to "Bass 2".

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ztan

Quote from: gumtown on February 19, 2018, 01:12:54 AMGuitar mode has it's own set of User and Preset patches,
Bass mode also has it's own set of independent User and Preset patches.
The patches in one mode do not over-write any in the opposite mode.

As Beirne mentioned,
 a common parameter between both modes is the GK-Set selection, where the same number is set between both modes.
So if you have a guitar "GK - Set" set to "Guitar 2", in bass mode "GK Set" will be set to "Bass 2".

Gumtown-
Does the bass mode require a 3.96V control voltage on pin 9 as per GK3B to work, or will it work on a 1.04V GK3 control voltage?

gumtown

Quote from: ztan on January 20, 2023, 05:50:39 PMGumtown-
Does the bass mode require a 3.96V control voltage on pin 9 as per GK3B to work, or will it work on a 1.04V GK3 control voltage?

I am quite sure the GR-55 does not care what the voltage is on pin 9.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/