GP-10 - A classic Rock Demo

Started by DF400, March 08, 2015, 08:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DF400

Here is an attempt at a couple of Classics. Admittedly, they are not true to the exact guitar sound on the original recording but work nonetheless. I have not gigged with the GP-10 yet - with so much time invested in my GR-55 for set songs, it's more a matter of time and energy since I do think the GP-10 has better modeling profiles. Opinions, comments and criticism are welcome. (First song was recording with two guitar tracks panned hard R/L, with distinct voicings just like the original recording). If deemed worthy, I would be glad to share the patch.

thanks

gvidelock

Awesome cover! If the second cover hadn't come in at 1:53 I would have sworn I was listening to the original!

Please share the patch.
-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head

whippinpost91850

DF400, excellent job. If I had a GP10 I'ld want the patch

DF400

Thanks for the kind remarks. I should clarify, only the guitars are covered over a backing track....

roachone

Any reason there is no follow up to this? I would love these patches!

Fluke

Excellent work  :)

I thought in All Right Now in particular, you've created a cool rendering, that's more than close enough to the original classic tone.
Hope you'll post the patches!

mr shankly

I deem them worthy! Can you share the patches

DF400

Apologies for the delay, I'm still figuring out how to import and export patches in Tone Studio so I hope this works. I will also post under GP-10 Patch Exchange. Incidentally, I believe the patch opens with the delay engaged, which is not the way I recorded the demo. As I recall, I used the same patch for Lonely is the Night. Also, notice both modeling and guitar pickups are on. I am used a Godin LGXT with factory PUPs for this particular setting, so your mileage may vary. (for all intents and purposes there is a modeled Strat sound and a HB going on at the same time).

roachone

Thank you DF400 for doing the follow up to this. Its much appreciated!