GT-1 Brownface Harmonic Tremolo

Started by dnr101, March 15, 2020, 12:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnr101

Hey all - not sure if anyone's really using this forum much anymore but I figure I was looking for this kind of a patch and couldn't find one so I created it but someone else might like it too. This little device is amazing, considering the price, sound quality, size, and versatility I don't think it can be beat. To create a harmonic tremolo, I created two Wave Pedal controls in the A3 and A4 slots. These adjust the HM and LM gain controls on the parametric eq in the FX1 slot, using a sine wave and alternating between +2 and -8 dB. out of phase with each other. Then I tuned the HM and LM frequency and Q controls until the sound matched the brownface amp recordings I was listening to on YouTube (That Pedal Show mostly...) The Q controls have a big impact of the depth, btw. I set the expression pedal to control the tempo of the patch and then set the Wave Pedal controls to eighth notes and now the speed control is on the expression pedal. The expression switch toggles overdrive and the CTL1 is a preamp boost for solos. I used the Tweed preamp with mids and presence high and some plate reverb and analog delay and that's pretty much it. I'm very happy with it, I had been trying to come up a patch that simulates a harmonic trem on my Katana for a while without much luck but I think this really nails it. Let me know what you think!

Cups

That is really smart programming. Thanks.

dnr101

Thank you! It took quite a while to really figure out just what the wave pedal does and what it's potential is. I'm a huge fan of the gt-1, I think it's incredibly underrated.