GP-10 - OSX 10.12?

Started by bwmer, March 03, 2017, 12:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwmer

Hi Everyone,

Ok, I've seen the vague blurb on Boss' site about 10.12 and the Boss Tone Studio not working with this OSX version.  I was able to install the app...connect the GP-10..."Create a Live Set (empty)" and I CAN at least import in from a .tsl file...CANNOT seem to drag & drop from the default list (on left) to the Live Set...CAN visit the Tone Library and import from there. 

Am I basically running into the flaws for it working with this OSX?  I am trying to glean, but there's a LOT of info here and the search engine sometimes seems too syntax specific (searching other ways yields things other searches don't...just odd).

Basically, anyone have an idea of why I can't seem to drag-n-drop patches into LiveSets? (Can't drag right to left either)  And...any software workaround?

THANKS!!
Brad

gumtown

You have indeed found the issues with Boss Tone Studio and OS X 10.12

The only work around is to use a previous version of OS X, or Windows
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Brak(E)man

The bugs and issues with newer versions is a reason I'm still on 10.3 10.6 & 10.10
never update until forced to
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

bwmer

Bummer...oh well...I was already there. HOWEVER, that is also why I've held onto an old mac mini...about to be reinstated to service! :P  Thanks, folks!!

admin

mooncaine

Is that .info site legit?

Reason I ask is that I get a security warning that this downloaded program is unsigned.

Elantric

Looks legit to me

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gp-10/updates_drivers/ada369b7-73c0-4aef-9659-2ce343f654ed/

Reason I ask is that I get a security warning that this downloaded program is unsigned.

Correct - thats typical  - and explained in the original Boss Tone Studio Installation manual

http://www.macworld.com/article/3140183/macs/how-to-install-an-app-in-macos-sierra-thats-not-signed-by-a-developer.html

"
Find the app in the Finder.
Right-click the app.
Select Open.
Sierra pops up a prompt warning the app is from an unidentified developer. Click Open to continue."

jwhitcomb3

I'm finding assigns not working with Boss Tone Studio v1.1.1 under Mac OS 10.12. For example, I have been unable to create an assign to adjust the E. Level of the delay using the Exp1Off (in momentary mode). That is just one example of assigns that are not working under BTS 1.1.1.

jwhitcomb3

Here is my report to Boss email tech support:

I updated to BTS 1.1.1 under Mac OS 10.12. However, when I load my previous patches, some assigns do not work. Further, starting with a factory preset, I cannot program some assigns. For example, assign 1, target category=delay, target = e.level, target min = 0, target max = 90, source = exp1 off, sir mode = momentary s.rangemin = 0, s.range max = 127. However, sweeping the exp1off pedal does not control the delay e.level. I have tried this with assign1 and assign5.

admin

I updated to BTS 1.1.1 under Mac OS 10.12. However, when I load my previous patches, some assigns do not work.

They identified a flaw with the prior version of BTS, i do expect older patches to become "broken" when using the latest Version of BTS. This impacts most of the patches we share here.

QuoteHere is my report to Boss email tech support:

QuoteI updated to BTS 1.1.1 under Mac OS 10.12. However, when I load my previous patches, some assigns do not work. Further, starting with a factory preset, I cannot program some assigns. For example, assign 1, target category=delay, target = e.level, target min = 0, target max = 90, source = exp1 off, sir mode = momentary s.rangemin = 0, s.range max = 127. However, sweeping the exp1off pedal does not control the delay e.level. I have tried this with assign1 and assign5. 

Keep us posted on any news from Boss Support