Roland UM One doesn't work with my Android latest version

Started by rmarton123, June 05, 2017, 06:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmarton123

I have a cheap USB Midi interface and it changes my presets through the Midix-20 to my GP-10.

But I bought a Roland UM One because the other unit didn't connect to the pc very well. Or to the software provided by Primova to manage the Midix-20 and with the Roland I can now manage my Hardware.

But I can't connect my Android Tablet with Bandhelper and change Patches through the Roland UM One. And it's not the Tablet or the MidiX-20 it's the Roland. I tried to switch between Comp and iPad but guess what. I don't have an iPad and the midi data though the lights are all lighting isn't sending the data to the GP-10 which is plugged into the LWR USB.

I guess I'm going to have to go back to my cheap connection for Android and switch to the Roland for computer.

Elantric

Use the iPad mode on UM-ONE MKII
That enables the USB Class Compliant Mode you need for Android

Which make/model android tablet?
Tyical issue is using a generic USB OTG Adapter, instead of the official OTG adapter from your tablet's manufacturer

rmarton123

Thanks for the help. But I did try that. and I tested every setup including what you recommended. Then I went to my no name USB/Midi cable and found the exact connection that worked in and then reconnected the Roland One at that exact config and switched between ipad and comp restarted the app and the midi connection on my Samsung Tablet but still no joy.

I bought a Roland once before but returned it because the manafucturing quality was so poor. That little switch inside is ludicrously skinny and weak looking. I don't trust that mechanism at all. It's just so sad that the Roland is the only one that works with the computer and the software written for it. The no name brand has much more quality components. But it isn't recognized by the Midix-20 software. Too bad.