VG99 to TC Helicon Voice Live 2

Started by circletrack15, January 18, 2010, 07:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

circletrack15

Hey guys! Ok, I need to know if any of you out there have a TC Helicon Voice Live 2? If so have you got it to work with your VG99?? I have 2 strats both are done up with Graph Tech Hexpander ghost setups. I do NOT! have any magnet pick up only the ghost pick ups and 13 pin midi cable. I went midi out from VG99 to midi in on voice live and I see the midi light flash on my voice live when hitting chords or notes,BUT! I am not getting harmonies?? out of key. Can someone help??? Thanks and God Bless!!

Brent Flash

MIDI does not have audio included in it. You are only sending control data from the MIDI out of the VG-99.

Also I might add (since the name is very confusing) the 13 pin coming out of your guitar is not MIDI. I am not sure why they call it that?
Hope this helps.

Brent Flash

My last answer was thinking you were expecting to hear guitar harmonies. If you are wanting to control the harmony of your voice with MIDI that is a different answer.

fredo

Quote from: circletrack15 on January 18, 2010, 07:51:39 PM
Hey guys! Ok, I need to know if any of you out there have a TC Helicon Voice Live 2? If so have you got it to work with your VG99?? I have 2 strats both are done up with Graph Tech Hexpander ghost setups. I do NOT! have any magnet pick up only the ghost pick ups and 13 pin midi cable. I went midi out from VG99 to midi in on voice live and I see the midi light flash on my voice live when hitting chords or notes,BUT! I am not getting harmonies?? out of key. Can someone help??? Thanks and God Bless!!
Hi there,

I do have both VG-99 and VoiceLive 2 for a few weeks now. I just feed the VoiceLive 2 "Guitar In" with the VG 99 "Guitar out" with a simple Jack and it works perfectly well.
This way you let the VoiceLive2 perform chord analysis, which it does incredibly well.

Chreers,

Fredo.

sixeight

QuoteI do NOT! have any magnet pick up only the ghost pick ups and 13 pin midi cable.

I guess this needs a creative routing solution. Depending on your setup and what you have available, you could use a regular jack output or a sub-out to feed the Helicon. For as far as I understand, these devices need a regular audio signal, with a clean guitar sound and they will calculate the harmonies from the audio.

You can change the routing from the outputs or subout from the VG-99 to output only the clean simulated guitar sound of guitar A or B. That should give you a working result.