Katana boss tone studio not opening

Started by dave676, January 04, 2017, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave676

Hi I'm new to all this midi stuff. Every time I try to open Boss Tone Studio It opens for a couple of seconds then the boss and write boxes go grey and I get Katana connection failure please select external midi/audio device.I have checked version is correct  Installed drivers installed,  adobe air and Boss Tone Studio. I use windows 8.1, cubase8  and a Makie Onyx 1620 i If I turn nobs on Katana amp they move in Tone Studio I can open editor and librarian but can't write as it is gray and unresponsive. I'm wondering if  something is not working in the Katana  amp any help would be appreciated.

admin

Follow the BTS for Katana Manual and when prompted for "Choose a Device to Connect to" select the correct "KATANA" among three three available.

(Not "KATANA DAW CTRL" or "KATANA CTRL"

dave676

I have tried that many times with no luck

admin

Try reinstalling the Katana USB Driver

Avoid USB 3.0 ports on your computer

dave676

I  have reinstalled the driver and not connected to usb3. Still no luck . Could it be a setting in windows 8? I don't need it for anything but editing my patches. Is it possible I did something to mess up the Katana software?

muhusername

I had the exact same problem, then I looked into my Windows soundsettings -> playback and "PRIMARY KATANA" was deactivated. After I activated it, it worked.