GR-55 - MandoGTRmonica Patch - just add marshmellows and a campfire

Started by tekrytor, July 16, 2011, 02:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekrytor

Herewith attached, my first GR-55 patch posting to share. It's a COSM mandolin by default, push CTL to add/drop the guitar PU, and toe tap the EXP to add/drop PCM1 harmonica. Use your PU volume to fine tune your mando/guitar mix. You might have to tweak the PU level to suit your PUs, especially if you have hot or cold ones. I'm still learning how the Assigns, PDL/GK, etc. all work, so there might be ways to improve it. You can get 4 combinations of sounds out of this one.

1. Mandolin solo
2. Mandolin with Guitar
3. Mandolin with Harmonica
4. Mandolin with Guitar and Harmonica

I tried to assign the EXP when switched to harmonica volume, to swell it in and out. I think it's all working now, but it gave me lots of trouble figuring out how the assigns and switching works. It is extremely cool how much control you have over this monster GR-55. After a couple weeks experimenting, I'm getting some great sounds out of it, thanks to all the other owners sharing their knowledge here and to Gumtown's wonderful GR-55FloorBoard editor. Long live Gumtown!

BTW, since I'm also a mando player, I put a GK3 on my $5 garage sale, 4-of-6 tuners left, converted to 4-string e-mandola, First Act mini-strat special and set up a GK setting just for its 545mm scale. I thank Roland for offering these parameters in the GR-55 so I could do this! Very considerate of them to think of us players who like small instruments. This patch sounds really cool on it, but it might need additional tweaks or considerations for a regular 6-string. I may post an update if it stinks on my 6er.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Dijitalb

I did all of the steps and got it loaded into the GR55, but it just sounds like a guitar, any suggestions?
thanks if you are still around.

Elantric

Be sure to use Gumtown's  GR-55 Floorboard Editor to load patches you find here at VGuitarforums

How to Load GR-55 User patches.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3260.0

Dijitalb