GR-55 - ALTERNATE TUNINGS SUDDENLY DON'T WORK.. HELP!!

Started by Paganini666, December 22, 2011, 07:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrish

Quote from: admsustainiac on January 21, 2018, 01:40:18 PM
But Audacity does NOT support ASIO devices  - like the low latency GR-55 ASIO USB Audio driver
I was wondering about that also so I added many edits to my post. From my phone I have to compose and edit many times before all the corrections are done.

I hope I got the process correct.

CVS

Quote from: chrish on January 21, 2018, 01:33:12 PM
you can also download a simple program like Audacity for free, assuming audacity recognizes the gr 55 as the audio interface.

It's set up like an analog tape deck for the transport controls and fairly easy to learn to use.

So basically you record into the audio program via the gr 55 as the audio to computer interface.

Once you have the recording you render* the track mix (*or whatever that particular program calls the process of Final Mix down to wav file) and export that rendered mix

and you save as a WAV file to your choice of location. ( assuming you have Windows cuz I don't know nothing about Macs)

This site does not allow wav files to be loaded so you'll need to convert to an MP3 file.

So you would also have to load a WAV file to MP3 file converter into your computer. Nch
has one but they seem to have had issues with hacking. I remember them issuing a warning about one of their programs being corrupted.

There is also a way to load an MP3 converter directly into Audacity. Audacity cannot provide that directly because of Licensing issues, but they tell you where to get that program and how to load it.

Once you have an MP3 file then all you have to do is Click attachments and other options on the post page here. Your computer should already go to where you have your MP3 files stored and simply click on that file  and it will load your MP3 file to the site.

There's probably a thread here somewhere about how to hook your gr 55 to the computer.

Thank very much for the detailed instructions. At this point, it may take a while before I can upload anything. Just too many other priorities getting in the way including learning 5 new songs by the weekend. Thanks again.