GP-10 - Sound Demo of preset patch; 02 DropD HiGAIN

Started by macman70, November 13, 2014, 05:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macman70

Had the GP-10 for a week now. Got my GK3 installed and optimized on my strat. The modeling of guitars and the alt tunings in this GP-10 is worth the price of admission alone.

Attached is a crude recording I did tonight to a BT I pulled down from the web. It is the riff from Outshined by Soundgarden using stock preset patch 02_DropD HiGAIN.

I think you will agree it does a very nice job of doing the Drop D tuning. This is just so much easier than having guitars in different tunings, Love it!

Elantric

Good job.
Now tell / compare with anyone you know with a Line 6 Variax, and show them what is possible with latest generation DSP Guitar Modeling  - from Roland!

MusicOverGear

Nice. Sounds big.

I use alt tuning and pedal bend for all kinds of stuff. The more I use it the more I think to use it.

Agree - works great.

Nice recording.

macman70

Thanks guys, just shows that is a nice preset straight out of the box. I recorded one take L and one take R and panned Hard L & R. That does not always sound effective but on this it just worked.

I remember seeing someone comment that the modelled guitars once recorded are more "Mix friendly" and I tend to agree with that. I may still be in honeymoon phase but I do like these modeled guitars in the GP-10.

Great unit!

Kevin M

Just imagine the possibilities if you had 2 GP-10's!  :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elantric

QuoteJust imagine the possibilities if you had 2 GP-10's!  :-)