GR-55 - Nylon Real Acoustic Collection

Started by Autana, March 25, 2016, 01:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autana

Quote from: Elantric on March 25, 2016, 10:23:43 AM
VIDEO DEMO - Nylon Real Acoustic Collection 

Thanks to the new "offline" mode in the latest Boss Tone Studio for GP-10 Version 1.10 , anyone can now import any GP-10 *.tsl patch and review the settings  - I maintain this facility is a great path to expand your programming skills and sound design knowledge for any processor.

Yes Elantric, absolutely an adventage!  I love the offline mode. Before I started to work in NyRAC,  I was working a little on the same idea for GR-55  based on the same principle that NyRAC, and encouraged by having the help of Floorboard (thanks Guntown!!) But I did prefer to go first with the GP-10, because to me it feature an improvement in COSM tones quality and dynamic range over VG-99 and GR-55. Perhaps not so much, maybe a little subjective, but there is.

De facto already I have some in progress patchs for the next GR-55 NyRAC version. BTW interesting things happen with the GR-55 compared to the GP-10 when attempting to clone the parameters, it was difficult to get the same results with two EQ, I had to altere EQ settings or use the 3 instances + AMP tone tweaks,  I do not know, maybe there is a GP-10 DSP improvement over GR-55? what do you think?  anyway I need to invest time into the GR-55 NyRAC if settings dont respond so well at cloning or import. After that I would think on develop a StRAC acoustic-steel guitar. (Steel Acoustic Real Collection) :)

This are some experimental in progress patchs for GR-55 NyRAC and very improvised audio demo,  "GR55_NYLON_REAL_TWO EQ.g5l file was the last attempt with 2 EQ. please, let me know how it work there for you. There are things to tweak and configure yet.

GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Autana

UPDATE AT 12/31/2016
I added here some new NyRAC Nylon Real Acoustic Collection patches for Roland GR-55.
Check specially NYLON+STRING 2 & 3, (CTL hold PCM Strings)
More is coming in 2017 :)

Enjoy. Happy New Year for everyone!

---------------------------------------------------
NyRAC, my video demo:

read more, NyRAC for GP-10 topic:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17683.0
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Magiamusical

Great performance, you really nailed.
Godin LGXT, Les Paul Studio w/GK3, JTV89F w/GK3, GR-55

Giovanni

Hi, I recently got the gr55, how do I load and view these patches on the tool? Thank you so much

Autana

Hi Giovanni, welcome to VGF forum.

You can start by download and install GR-55 Librarian and USB drivers from:
https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_product/gr-55/updates_drivers/

GR-55 Librarian is a very basic utility featuring the save/load of banks/patches task for users, but it is the only software tool supplied by Roland, not devoted editor from them,  so it is advisable the use of the excellent third party Roland GR-55 editor  Gumtown's GR-55 FloorBoard Editor. More information at:

Gumtown's GR-55 FloorBoard Editor
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2951.0

GR-55 F.A.Q.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3137.0

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Giovanni

Hi, i have listened to your demo, congratulations!Thank you, now I go to work, I've downloaded and installed the librarian

Mauri60

hi Autana, first thank you so much for your passion and acknowledge, but thank you twice
for sharing your works with us.
I Never forget this , for me is a really rare and precious thing.
Also thanks a lot other senior members, always gentle and so prepared and patients with noob alike ( me ) old rockers.
Nylon guitar is a big missing ring for Gr55 so you with these patches fill the tank.
thank you again, Mauri.
Nothing is impossible,if someone else will do for you.

TheParasite

THANK YOU, Autana.  Those were the best NyRAC's I've downloaded to date!

Godin XTSa (a pretty one)

TheParasite

Once, again, I have to thank you, Autana.  I have been using a couple of your NyRAC tones every time we play.  I have many people in the church, including other guitarists, asking me how I'm achieving that "beautiful nylon string sound," as one put it. 

Godin XTSa (a pretty one)

rarmonio

I am blown away by the sound of the NyRAC, Thank you! I wish I have kept my GP10 to take advantage of these nylon acoustic tone. I have switched to the GR55 and it's been an adventure in patience, time, and research to make it sound decent. To this day, I have not even come close to making it sound to what you programmed for the the GP10,  are there any NyRAC patches for the GR55? - I am desperate so Im reaching out, otherwise I am prolly going to go back to the GP10, LOL.

admin

Quote from: rarmonio on September 27, 2017, 07:45:25 PM
I am blown away by the sound of the NyRAC, Thank you! I wish I have kept my GP10 to take advantage of these nylon acoustic tone. I have switched to the GR55 and it's been an adventure in patience, time, and research to make it sound decent. To this day, I have not even come close to making it sound to what you programmed for the the GP10,  are there any NyRAC patches for the GR55? - I am desperate so Im reaching out, otherwise I am prolly going to go back to the GP10, LOL.

Yes these nylon patches have been converted to GR55

You are posting in the GR55 area so look at attachments in 1st post in this thread

look in the  GR55 Acoustic patch area

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=74.0

TheClassicalGod

These sound absolutely fantastic. I don't know how you did it, but thank you for sharing!  :D

Leylandbobby

creart

Hey Autana (Carlos)
I just were made aware by a friend of your patches - GEEEEEEZZZZZ - these are great!!!! A classical guitarsound was one thing that was really missing from my setlist because I tried lots of times to make one but never got the high strings to work.... but you NAILED it!!
Really really good!!
Thanks so much!!!
Cheers Hans

DreamTheory

Quote from: Autana on March 25, 2016, 01:31:10 PM
  anyway I need to invest time into the GR-55 NyRAC if settings dont respond so well at cloning or import. After that I would think on develop a StRAC acoustic-steel guitar. (Steel Acoustic Real Collection) :)

This are some experimental in progress patchs for GR-55 NyRAC and very improvised audio demo,  "GR55_NYLON_REAL_TWO EQ.g5l file was the last attempt with 2 EQ. please, let me know how it work there for you. There are things to tweak and configure yet.

Just wondering if you did the steel string patches for GR-55? Your nylon work is great
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008

burn007

Woah. What an amazing sound. I've tried to fool around with my Classical Guitar next to me for reference but never was able to make it sound this good.

deebee29

Thanks for these. Love them
Just got my GR 55 at the weekend and have already found this forum invaluable

burt@burtbicksler.com

Just got my GR-55 3 days ago and was underwhelmed by the default Nylon patches compared to the various demo videos out there. 

I found these patches and they are a huge improvement.

But I'm still missing something for getting the tone that I hear in the demo video, so I was wondering if there are some tips on improving the tonal output from the GR-55?

Was the demo video audio recorded directly from the (GT-10) output, or though a mixer.  If though a mixer how was the EQ configured?  Are there some audio/video demos of these GR-55 patches that I haven't spotted yet?

I've created some Acoustic patches, and Electrics that to my ear improve on the ones that are stock.  Plus I found some good patches here for Acoustics and Electrics that work great with some minor tweaks.

But I haven't quite figured out the secret sauce to get to the next tonal level yet, especial with the Nylon patches.

I have the GK-3 pickup installed on a Line6 JT-69 Variax guitar.  The GK-3 is 1 mm away from the strings as measured with the included gauge.

The GR-55 is going into a Berhinger XR-18 mixer with flat EQ and the mixer drives an LD Sound Maui that we use for performances.

I notice that the above video appears to be using the GT-10 so maybe this is a difference between the GT-10 patches and the GR-55 versions, if so then that's fine but if not then any suggestions on improving the overall tonal quality from the GR-55 are welcomed.

Thanks,
Burt