GP-10 - Question about Speaker Sim

Started by Singwas, October 29, 2016, 06:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singwas

When using Tone Studio i can choose various Speaker Sims. Where are they placed in the chain of effects for creating the sound? Only direct after the preamp, or at the end?
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

Elantric

On Roland / Boss Amp modeling processors like GP-10 the Speaker Cab Sim block is immediately after the Amp type  sim block , and speaker controls Are within the Amp settings

Singwas

Yes, I saw it like this. But i think that means all effects after the amp are coming after the the microphone in front of the speaker... not very realistic.
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

Elantric

All effects after the amp occur post cab sim and post cab mic sim (all are contained in the amp block)

You just can't insert FX in between the Amp sim and the Cab sim or FX between the the cab and the cab mic sim

This arrangement is actually very similar to the way large touring bands employ guitar fx (Jeff Beck), often using fx after his mic'ed stage amp  at the FOH mix desk into the house mix

Singwas

Thanks for yor information. There are so many advices how to arrange effects, it is very confusing. I Think the outcoming sound is the most important thing.
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre