Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT (IOS)

Started by Elantric, April 19, 2013, 01:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

QuoteSeems odd for a volume manufacturer to be producing old standard stuff???   

Actually its not such a bad decision. Millions of iPads Gen 2 and Gen 3 are out there, and musicians tend to buy used gear - remember any third party manufacture that includes an iPad dock MUST get it approved by Apple's MFI review process.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12404147/mfi-apple-program-certification
This is the reason it took 18 months to deliver the Behringer IS202 - which I first saw at 2012 Winter NAMM in Jan 2012.

rolandvg99

Anyone else experienced this: Even with noise gate turned off the JamUp still tries to cut out noise when no audio is present. Noise floor is cooking...
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Rorster

Quote from: Rorster on July 07, 2013, 10:09:21 PM
I tested my hypothesis again and to my chagrin for what ever god forsaken reason I was unable to get Jamupro to output through the iPB10. I stand corrected to my earlier post. I apologize to the forum readers of this topic. The Jamup Pro will not work through the iPB10. This will not stop me from testing out the app using the suggested method by Elantric here on the forum. We'll stay posted.
I knew I wasn't crazy. Well just a little. Update here re using Jamup Pro with iPB10. I have solved the problem and can use Jamup Pro through an ipb10. Open the Nexus app and go to settings. Move the "1/4" output slider from 100% to halfway. I suggest finding a clean preset on the nexus/iPB10 app and turn off all the effects but leave the amp level on above it's 1/2 way setting as this will lower your output level if turned down too far. Close the nexus app and open Jamup Pro. You will now be able to use Jamup via ipad and iPB10's 1/4 inch outs will be sending your signal to your rig. I haven't tried the XLR outs from iPB10 but assume they work as well. Note that if you hit any of the iPB10 foot switches you will be hearing a different combination of sound based on the bank that the iPB10 was left in when it was powered off. I offer this not that I recommend going out and getting an iPB10. I do like the iPB10 better than my Pod X3 Live because of the working layout and other features. But I had this question of whether or not Jamup would work through the iPB10 because I already had one. Having fooled around with Jamup now for a little while I have to say it has some good features and decent tone. For ten bucks you can't go wrong. And with some of their upgrade effects I'm sure it's usefulness grows. On the other hand it doesn't hold a candle to the iPB10. To be fair though, just how many presets, stomps ... does one need. Look at our hereos, they had some cutting edge stuff but today it seems like guitarists are overwhelmed by gadgets. Don't get me wrong I dig em. But listen to Danny Gatton (barring the magic Dingus box and even that had few real "effects" compared to some of the new stuff we have) and be blown away by tone he got from god knows where.

iamdave

I REALLY like Jamup. I love taking out my peavey custom 30 12" tube amp but that's a drag even as small as it is. So I went to a Line 6 Pod Hd and ... still a drag setting it up. I use guitar rig when recording because I can record a dry signal and mess with it later in the mix. So I have some experience with these and other amps as well as a few other software companies in my playing (since 1979)

If nothing even as a cool backup as you never know when equipment will fail at a gig. But man is it easy rolling up to a gig and being setup in a flash. Connect right to the sound system and monitors and your done. 1 tip with a guitar in one hand and iphone in your pocket lol! It's almost like your the singer (no lugging gear) lol!

The sounds and possibilities in jamup are terrific. My only beef was the noise. A gate helped a good bit but still it turned me off.

Now Peavey and a few others have HD versions of interfaces which are said to go through the 30 pin port rather than the headphone jack of the iphone/ipad and thus be digital instead of analog and dramatically increase the sound/feedback/noise which is exciting.

1 problem I wanted some input on. Griffen makes a footpedal which I purchased which allows you step up presets and turn 2 things on/off. Nice to have. But it also connects to the 30 pin port. Ahh... Thus my dilemma:

How can I connect both a interface and footpedal to the 1 30 pin port on a phone/ipad?

Is some sort of Y cable an option?

Dave

Elantric

iamdave

AirTurn BT-105 on Pedalboard with 4 ATFS-2 $159 is wireless and solved my problem.

Elantric

Many are using Positive Grid's BIAS Tube Amp Sim - which integrates with JamUpProXT
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9903.0
Here is the Manual

http://www.positivegrid.com/jamup-help/

JamUp Online User Manual

Note: This manual is for the latest JamUp Pro XT and JamUp XT app, for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, please always update your app to the latest version.

Quick Start

JamUp is a guitar multi-effect app designed with JamUp Plug. Simply connect the JamUp Plug to your iOS device, plug your guitar into the ¼ inch jack, and connect your headphone or PA system to the ? inch jack, start the app and it's ready to rock. Once connected, the volume LED bar indicates the app's output level.

JamUp supports most iOS headset and USB guitar audio interface.

To start, simply select a preset from the preset page, browse through each preset can help you to learn the possibility of the tone creation.

In the signal path area, you can turn on/off each amp and effect, change the order of the signal path. Single tap the small icon on the signal path, you can select the control panel of the amp/effect to adjust each parameter. Experiment with different combination, you can create your own preset and save in the preset page.

In live performance or recording, it's highly recommended to use Airplane Mode to minimize the interference from external signals.

General Setups

Headphone Practice

First, connect your guitar interface to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad (we recommend the JamPlug from Positive Grid for headphone jack interfaces or one of many dock connector interfaces like the Apogee Jam).  If using a headphone interface, connect your guitar cable and headphones to the interface prior to activating JamUp.  Make sure your volume is not too high at first.  If you are using a dock connector type interface, plug it in and connect your guitar.  Plug headphones into the headphone output of your device.  Launch JamUp....you are ready to ROCK!

Recording

Recording your sound can be achieved in a number of ways.  From the device, you can record and overdub your riffs from the Sampler or in conjunction with other apps that are compatible with Audiobus.  For those of you who would like to record JamUp sounds straight to your computer DAW, simply connect a 1/8" cable to the output of your device or the device's interface and plug the other end of the cable into your computer interface ( a 1/4" adaptor may be needed for this).

Live

For live playing, connect your device as described above and connect the output of your device or interface to a) an amplifier or b) a PA system or mixing board.

Tips

Be sure to put your device in airplane mode to prevent incoming messages from interrupting your play...or blasting an email notification to your audience.  It is usually good practice to keep your device volume at about 7/8 of it's full range, while keeping the app volume slider just over halfway.  If playing through an amplifier, try starting out with your amp on a clean channel and have your EQ set to 12 o'clock.  This will give you a good starting point where you can adjust overall tone within the app itself.

Amp and Effect

Overview

JamUp offers some of the best sounding guitar and bass amps/effects for your iOS device.  The following will help explain the layout of amps and effects in order to get you on the road to achieving great tone.

Signal Path

The signal path is kind of like a timeline for your amp and effects.  Your guitar would be first in line with amps/effects following.  You can change the order of the amp or effects in the signal path to achieve different sounds.  We recommend using the noise gate in the first slot at all times in order to reduce any unwanted hiss coming from your guitar or pickups.

Control Panel

The control panel can be accessed by tapping on the "gear" icon in the lower right section of the screen.  Here you will be able to set up different features of the app to your liking.  You can turn on background audio to allow the sound of the app to continue to play while you browse another app, change how the knobs respond to your touch (linear or rotary), as well as the latency settings.  Here you will also find settings that will enable certain 3rd party controllers such as AirTurn pedals.  Another great feature is choosing how the output is routed: left, right, or both channels.  This is also where you login or set up an account for JamUp's Tone Sharing feature.

Signal Path Order

The signal path order can be customized to your liking.  We recommend starting with a noise gate.  From there you can tailor your sound by putting amps or effects in different slots.  To do this, simply tap and hold an effect or amp in the chain and drag them to a place in the signal chain.  One example for a distorted guitar sound would be: noise gate, distortion pedal, EQ pedal, amp, chorus, delay, and reverb.  Any of these items can be turned on or off by "flicking" them up (out of the signal path) or down (into the chain).  Alternately, you can tap on the effect and tap the red LED light to turn the effect on or off.

Select Different Amp/FX Models

Switching to a different amp or effect is a breeze.  Double tap the amp or effect you would like to change.  This will bring up a scrollable picture menu of the various amps or effects available to you.  To choose one, simply tap the amp or effect you wish to use.  Tap the "back" arrow to return to your signal chain which will now be equipped with the amp or effect you have selected.

Select Effects from the Same Category

At times, you may feel that you need more than one effect of the same category (stomp, delay, mod, etc) in your signal chain at the same time.  This is achieved by double tapping the effect you would like to change.  Three small dots will appear in the lower left hand corner of the pop up menu. Tap this icon and a choice of effect categories will appear.  Choose a category and the effects available will show up in the menu.  Tap on the effect of your choice, hit the back arrow and the effect will now appear in your signal chain.  You can now drag this effect to the desired position in the chain by tapping and holding the effect.

Delay Effect BPM Sync

All the delay effects are equipped with a BPM sync feature indicated on each pedal by a small BPM switch.  Activating this switch (by tapping it) will sync the delay effect with the current BPM of the metronome located at the top of your screen.

Preset

Overview

The presets consist of four banks that hold sixteen presets each.  Here you can store your own configurations, save downloaded presets shared by other users, upload your own presets for others to try, and rename the banks and their contents.

Save, Rename, Description, Category

To save a preset, first have your signal chain in the order you would desire with all your amp and effect settings configured. Next, tap the preset button on the bottom of your screen.  Now choose a bank you would like to save it to.  Now decide which block you would like to save your preset in.  You can scroll left and right through the blocks.  Now tap and HOLD the block to save.  A menu will appear and you can name your setting, give a description of the sound, and choose a genre you feel best describes the sound.  When you have finished, tap the done button on the upper right and your preset will now show up in the selected bank and block.

Overwrite Preset

You may want to make changes to a preset that was previously created. To do this, tap on the preset to load it.  Make any adjustments needed and when you are finished, tap and hold the preset block.  If the information for the preset is the same in its description, you can hit done and overwrite your sound.

Use a Different Bank

Switching banks is simple.  Tap on the bank you would like to use and a new group of sixteen preset blocks are available to use.

How to Share Preset

To share a preset you must first create an account (located in the settings gear icon in the lower right hand portion of your screen). Once you have created and logged in to your account, you can select a preset to share.  This requires an Internet connection in order to upload your setting.  Select the preset you wish to share.  Next, tap and hold the preset block.  At the bottom of the info for the preset, you will see the share function.  Turn this to "on" and press the done button.  Your preset is now available for other users to try out and download.

The preset supports MIDI control, the MIDI message table is shown as follow:

MIDI Control Preset:

MIDI Message   Preset Number
PC 0   Preset A1
PC 1   Preset A2
PC 2   Preset A3
PC 3   Preset A4
PC 4   Preset B1
PC 5   Preset B2
PC 6   Preset B3
PC 7   Preset B4
PC 8   Preset C1
PC 9   Preset C2
PC 10   Preset C3
PC 11   Preset C4
PC 12   Preset D1
PC 13   Preset D2
PC 14   Preset D3
PC 15   Preset D4
Jam Player

Jam Player is an awesome practice tool right on your iOS device. Not only can you select and loop a section of a song, but also you can use the hi-definition Tempo Change function to slow down the playback speed without affecting the pitch, change the pitch without affecting the playback speed.

To load a track, press the LOAD SONG button to go into iTunes library page, browse and select the track from the library, Jam Player will automatically start playing back the selected track.

Jam Player equipped with a time stretching engine, by which you can playback the track at faster or slower speed without changing the pitch, or you can change the key of the track without affecting its playback speed, you can do both. Simply adjust the SPEED and PITCH control to obtain the desired effect.

To define a loop section when playing a track, press the A button at the moment of the current playback to define the start of the loop, and press the B button to define the end of the loop. To start playing back the loop, press the LOOP button.

Phrase Sampler

Phrase sampler is a loop based, sound-on-sound overdubbing recording machine. It's a simple way to create a track within minutes, you can export and share the recording.

To start, press the REC button and the sampler will start recording mode. Once recorded the base track, press STOP button to stop the recording, or press PLAY button to playback recording.

To create a sound-on-sound overdub, press DUB button, the sampler will playback the previous recorded track and will start recording, press STOP button to stop overdub, or press PLAY button to playback the recording.

The loop length can be defined manually or automatically. Manual loop length is set when user stop the base track recording; the automatic loop length is set when user use the UP and DOWN button before the base track recording. You can select the loop length mode in the SETTINGS page.

The loop length is defined by the number of bars, and the length of each is tied to the global metronome setting. You can setup the BPM in the metronome page by pressing the BPM numeric value in the upper information bar.

There are three start mode in the phrase sampler: AUTO mode: base track will start recording when a guitar signal is detected. MANUAL mode: base track will start recording when press the REC button. 4 BEAT mode: base track will start recording 4 beats after pressing the REC button. You can select the start mode in the SETTINGS page.

You can SAVE the phrase sampler recording by pressing the SAVE button, recorded track and BPM information will be saved in a unique sampler project file. You can export the recording to iTunes app folder. You can load the saved projects by pressing the LOAD button.

8-Track Recorder System

Quick Start Guide

To access the 8-track recorder press the "8-Track" icon on the bottom of the screen. The 8-Track recorder allows users to create full songs in a simple, yet powerful interface. Record multiple guitar and bass tracks, import drums and other audio via ACP (audio copy/paste), mix levels, adjust the panning of each track, and includes various options to export your songs.

How to record a track

To start recording a track, arm the track you would like to record in by tapping the red "ARM" button at the bottom of the track. Now tap the red "record" button on the right of the screen located directly above the "playback" button. To stop recording, press the "record" button again. To play back the track press the rewind button and then press "play".

How to record multi tracks

To record multiple tracks, simply arm the tracks you would like to record on and follow the steps above.

Audio Copy & Paste (ACP), and iTunes Import

You can import audio from other apps or music from your iTunes library and place it in a track. To do this, tap on the top of the track you would like to paste audio to (track1, track2, etc.). Make sure you rewind the track before you paste the audio so your imported audio will paste to the beginning of the track. When you tap the top of the track, you will be given a few options:

- rename: this allows you to name the track (guitar, bass, drums, etc)

- copy: this allows you to copy the track and paste to another track (select the track to paste to and tap paste)

- Paste: allows you to paste audio from another source or app (providing the app supports ACP..audio copy/paste)

- Import: this will bring up your iTunes library and allow you to paste songs stored on your device's library into a track.There is also a "clear" option which will erase all audio from the selected track.

ARM, Mute, Solo, Panning, Volume

- To ARM a track, simply press the red "ARM" button under the track. This allows audio to be recorded on this track.

- The Mute button "M" disables the volume of the selected track (this can be used to mute multiple tracks)

- Solo "S" will only play the audio recorded in the selected track (this can be done on multiple tracks at a time)

- Panning allows you to shift the track's audio left or right. Turn the red knob at the top of the track left or right until you reach the desired position. This works well for mixing multiple guitar tracks, allowing them to occupy their own "space" instead of everything coming through the center channel...which can get a little "muddy" or crowded.

- Volume: the volume slider for each track can be used to mix the level of each track...raise or lower the slider in order to get the perfect mix when dealing with multiple tracks.

Setup

4 Beats Count-In - This option will count 4 beats before recording

Song & File Management

- New creates a new song with all tracks clear at the beginning

- Save allows you to save your song and give it a name

- Save As gives you the option to save the song under a different name without overwriting the previous version

- Open brings up a menu of previously saved songs that you can load into the recorder

File Share

- Email: this option allows you to email the song to yourself or someone else

- Audio Copy pastes the audio to the clipboard, enabling you to paste your tracks or song into another app

- iTunes: this option will store your song and allow you to retrieve it via iTunes when your device is connected. To access this, first connect to iTunes on your computer, click the "apps" tab, scroll down to file sharing and click on JamUp. In the window to the right you will find the files available to you that are stored in the app and you can save them to a folder on your computer.

Store

purchase new gears

To purchase new gear from the store, touch the store icon on the bottom of the screen and choose amps, effects, or bundle.  Here you can browse through many different amps and effects or bundled packages.

restore purchase

To restore previously purchased items, go to the store icon, choose a selection and in the upper right corner, press "resore purchases".  Your amps and effects will now be available to use within the app.
Tone Sharing

Facebook login, user register

In order to share and download presets, you must first create a username and password.  You can link this feature to your Facebook account.  To start, touch the small gear in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and scroll down to Login.

how to download preset

To download a preset, touch the Share tab.  Here you can choose to browse featured artist presets, most popular, or newly added presets from other users.  To preview a preset, simply touch on one you would like to hear...if you own the equipment used to create this preset, you can play it now.  To download, touch the "send to" icon in the up right side of the preset window.  Then choose a destination for the preset in your banks.

how to share preset

to share a preset, load the preset you wish to share, then hold the preset button down press the share icon when prompted.  It will now be accessible to other users.

Metronome

To access the metronome, tap the BPM in the top portion of your screen.  The metronome can be set by using the slide wheel by turning it left or right to raise or lower BPM.

tap BPM

To set BPM by tap, first turn the metronome on (tap the power button in the top right corner) and continuously tap the "tap" button in a rhythmic fashion to match the beat of your song.

click/drum

you can choose the sound of the metronome by choosing click or drum options. click will give you a high pitch followed by a low pitch click.  Choosing drum offers a hi-hat type sound followed by a bass drum sound.

beats

There are a few beats you can choose the metronome to keep time in. 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4.  To switch beats, simply press the 2, 3, or 4 button

Tuner

To access the tuner, tap on the tuning fork icon located at the top of your screen.  Turn the volume up on your guitar for best results.  Pick a string and it's note will register on the tuner.  The tuner is set to standard tuning for guitar.  Turn your tuning keys until the desired note is lined up with the needle in the window.  A green glow will appear when you are in tune.  Repeat this for the remaining strings.
JamUp Plug

JamUp Plug is a simple way to get your guitar/bass into iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. It works with JamUp multi-effect App and compatible with most tuner, processing and recording apps. JamUp Plug allows you to enjoy jamming and practicing anywhere with your headphone, or with connection to powered speakers.

1/4" female instrument input
1/8" female stereo headset output
Optimized for guitar and bass signal
Line level output to headphones, powered speakers and mixers
With the JamUp Plug, you can extend the possibility of music creation with thousands iOS apps available in the Apple iTune App-Store. Plus, it works with any line level signal sources, such as synthesizers, keyboards and mixers.

Ultra-portable, perfect for practicing and jamming.
No configuration, just plug and play.
Optimized for guitar and bass.
Works with all iPads, iPhone 3GS and up, iPod touch 4 gen and up.
Made for JamUp, and compatible with most processing and recording apps.

Derek Buddemeyer

Here's a demo of JamUp Pro and importing tracks in the 8-track recorder...

john_artist

I just bought a Blueboard, but cannot seem to get it to connect to my jamup pro xt on my ipad!....... It connects fine to the free blueboard app and works with it.... But doesn't do a damn thing to my jamup! I want to use it simply to change channels. Help someone please, as I know nothing about midi!!!!!! :(

admin

QuoteI just bought a Blueboard, but cannot seem to get it to connect to my jamup pro xt on my ipad!....... It connects fine to the free blueboard app and works with it.... But doesn't do a damn thing to my jamup! I want to use it simply to change channels. Help someone please, as I know nothing about midi!!!!!! :(

Read instructions here on connecting Blueboard to JamupProXT
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9724.msg71111#msg71111

Learn about MIDI here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2977.0

MIDI controller Setup / Debug
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2975.0

john_artist

Thank you very much indeed! :) 

However,  I can't even get the thing to work with my Amplitude!.... I switch the Blueboard on, run the blueboard app.... (It works fine in this)..... But then when I start either Amplitude or Jamup Pro XT.... Nothing! Nada!.... :(
I am at a real loss here, as I was so looking forward to using this pedal.... All it is now is a pretty expensive floorboard with pretty lights at my feet! :(

Elantric

QuoteBut then when I start either Amplitude or Jamup Pro XT.... Nothing! Nada!.... :(

Correct that is normal -

Blueboard will NOT work until AFTER you read the Blueboard Install manual and set the specific MIDI setup configuration properly in each target app you wish to control.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigblueboardapp/
I use Jamup Pro XT, and after following exactly these instructions to setup Blueboard, it works!

Read instructions here on connecting Blueboard to IOS Amplitube or JamupProXT
http://www.musicappblog.com/irig-blueboard-review/

Blueboard is not "plug & play" still need to learn and use a proper Blueboard MIDI configuration 

Learn about MIDI here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2977.0

MIDI controller Setup / Debug
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2975.0

john_artist

Thank you very much Elantric.... I think I know where I am going wrong now.... ;)  Thank you for your patience! ;)

john_artist

I just deleted and reinstalled my Jamup Pro XT and it all works! yay! ... There must have been some sort of glitch in the previous download?
I knew there must be some other reason for it not working, other than my complete ignorance of midi!  Everyone else got it working immediately with no problems......

Thanks again for your help. :)

mbenigni

I'm a little bit confused about Jam Up and all of the expansion options vs. Bias.  I purchased Bias, but (I think) I'm still running the free version of Jam Up.  As I've mentioned in a different thread, I'm sometimes a little put off by having to jump between Bias and Jam Up, and I'd like to have more amps available within JamUp itself.

So here's my question:  are the amps that you purchase as Jam Up bundles based on the same technology as the Bias amps?  Do they sound as good/ the same (despite obviously being less configurable)?

Elantric

QuoteSo here's my question:  are the amps that you purchase as Jam Up bundles based on the same technology as the Bias amps?  Do they sound as good/ the same (despite obviously being less configurable)?

No they are not at the same caliber  / quality level as the Bias amps

If it were me, only thing to purchase in  Jamup pro store are FX and 8 track recorder.

But with the Jam up Bundle sale its smart to do the math  - its actually smart to buy all the bundles while they are on sale, because even if you never use the amps, you WILL use the FX! Each Bundle has a different array of FX you will use and are lower cost as part of an "on sale bundle" compared to the individual FX price. 

* be sure you using the full version of Jamup Pro XT (on sale $7.99), as this gives you more features than the basic Jamup.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jamup-pro-xt-multi-effects/id454702113?mt=8

Features
http://www.positivegrid.com/jamup/

Then launch Jamup Pro XT, head to the In App Store (click shopping cart on lower left)

Might have to review and make a spreadsheet to compare all Amps, FX that are contained in the "Bundles", because most have a different array of Amps AND FX, in the bundle which typically work out to be lower cost that purchasing individual  FX  separately. 

mbenigni

Thank you!

mgomes

Started exploring Jamup Pro recently and have a volume/sound distortion issue, maybe someone can help?

I plug my guitar (AES1500 semi-acoustic) > iRig HD > iPad > hi-fi amp or Fender Hot Rod. When I choose a clean preset such as "Blackface Clean" and strum a bit harder the sound distorts which in this case is not desirable! I experiment dialing the volume down on the iRig but then the volume just gets really low, that is I cannot get a high volume overral without the sound distorting.

Where am I getting it wrong in the chain of volume controls? Help?

Elantric

I run my irig Pro  input level at 11:00 o clock. (40% full gain)
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpro/

So lower your gain on iRig HD .

Elantric

Alexplorer3 months ago

You can't get more than one effect from each "family." That means you can't do a lot of sounds like, say, chorus and flanging at the same time. No doubling delays either like Edge from U2 or other guys.

Mean Gene [Baker] wrote>

You can actually use double delays and anything you want , I dont know if this is a recent change but just hit the choose button and select another delay etc... If you use the LIVE switcher (or the AirPedal) for changing stomp, filter (solo boost), delay. mod... say the delay button will toggle between delay A and delay B if you have one in and one out of the chain. I use this for GNR Welcome to the Jungle for the long intro delay and shorter main song sections.

admin

Supposed to be a new hardware announcement from Positive Grid today at 12:00pm - a rumor is a new floor controller.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PositiveGridGroup/
Positive Grid  BT4 Bluetooth Pedal Control for Bias / JamUp Pro
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10292.msg74134#msg74134

DeRigueur

Quote from: Elantric on December 19, 2013, 06:56:33 AM
I run my irig Pro  input level at 11:00 o clock. (40% full gain)

Can the midi on the irig pro be used for patch changes in jamup from, say, a gr-55?
Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

Elantric

QuoteCan the midi on the irig pro be used for patch changes in jamup from, say, a gr-55?

Sure! Any device which transmits MIDI over a 5 pin DIN connector is compatible with the iRig Pro's MIDI Input 

Derek Buddemeyer

Want a good "METAL" tone for your guitar using an iPad?! Here's how...

Hanisam

Hi, im hani...
Need your help...

how to eliminate the sound of "click" that always appears about 20 seconds, when I play the guitar by using the ipad as an amp. I use the application jamup pro and using IRIG. no noise or sound "humm" but when I do not play the guitar suddenly appeared sound "click" continuous repetitive...even when volume knob in the "off" position... when I'm recording (in aplication jam up pro) this voice also appeared and follow the recorded

I did not change the effect in aplication, because I'm not pressing anything...and suddenly every 20 second this sound appears again

from ipad - IRIG - jack 1/4 to 1/4 (IRIG input from guitar) - jack 1/8 to 1/4 (output IRIG)- di-box behringer.

The first time I think this comes from jam up pro applications, but after trying to open a pocket amp and ampkit, it also appears sound "Click" same problem in jam up pro...so i think this problem doesn't come from aplication i use.

I use Canare cable and Canare silent plug for the jack, so I think there is no problem in the cable that I use. because when I use these on boss gt 10 guitar effect its work fine...

so where did the sound appear?
From my ipad (ipad 2 64 gb)?
From irig?
From di box?
Latency?

oh yes I've turn off low latency also in setting jamup pro, but no change...still "click"
Please give me information and solution :)

sorry my english screwed...i hope you understand what i mean.