GR55 Signal Goes into PA But Does Not Come Out

Started by LJS, February 13, 2018, 04:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJS

I couldn't find a similar thread. Maybe you can tell me where to look.

I had this problem with my old mixer (Behringer X2442 USB) and now I'm having it again with my new mixer (Behringer XR18). The difference is that now I can see that the GR55 signal is being received by the mixer. However, the patch cuts out audibly.

I'm using a Strings patch if that makes any difference. If I play the top high three strings alone, the patch cuts out. My trombone patch is also bad.

It only happens on certain patches. I have tried both my Freeway and my LGXT and both guitars do the same thing. But like I said, I now have a meter that shows the signal makes it into the PA. However, it cuts out audibly. Anyone else have this problem? My GR55 is the only instrument that has cut out.

Kind regards,
Larry

DUNCANRIGBY

What happens when you feed the headphone feed into the mixer or headphones , do they cut out.  (Assuming this is an out amplifier issue and not the volume pedal being set different for each patch)

gumtown

If you are switching guitars, do you have a "GK SET" setup for each guitar?

Sounds like the GK settings have not been optimised for each string.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

Verify the GR-55 is working correctly by temporarily connecting headphones directly the the GR-55 Headphone jack and monitor / verify the GR-55 is working correctly first.

QuoteI had this problem with my old mixer (Behringer X2442 USB) and now I'm having it again with my new mixer (Behringer XR18).
Both mixers you are using feature built in Noise gates - if those Behringer Noise gates are set incorrectly, the GR-55 notes will lack sustain and die prematurely

LJS

Yes,  it appears you're all correct.  There was a noise gate set on the XR18 mixer guitar synth channel killing some of  the signals prematurely. That took care of most of the problem.  I also plugged in headphones and found that the strings are not balanced for my Freeway SA with P-Rails which has become my number one guitar over my LGXT.  So I'm going to need to run through setup again. I also found that all of my problem patches had the GR-55 noise suppressor on.  I turned all those off and did not notice any increase in noise. I don't seem to be getting the blank fires now that had me avoiding those patches at live gigs.

Thanks for the help getting all that straightened out.

Kind regards,
Larry

LJS

Setting up my new guitar was a breeze using the Floorboard. Pickups and string sensitivities were the big differences.  The result: All of my patches are gig-worthy now.  Thanks Gumtown for the tip and the Floorboard.  Donation sent last Christmas.