Samplr on iPad

Started by cell7, November 23, 2012, 08:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cell7

http://www.samplr.net/

just got this and its pretty awesome... its for ipad, not iPhone - but these kind of apps are the reason i will stay with apple in the short term.

mbenigni

Wow, re: samplr!  The video sold me straight away.  $5 was much cheaper than I expected.   I hope these guys have a their legal bases covered, though - the UI is very reminiscent of Teenage Engineering's OP-1 synth. :)

Kevin M

Quote from:  cell7 on November 23, 2012, 08:14:36 AM
http://www.samplr.net/

just got this and its pretty awesome... its for ipad, not iPhone - but these kind of apps are the reason i will stay with apple in the short term.

Pretty slick!

cell7

Quote from:  mbenigni on November 25, 2012, 07:30:29 AM
Wow, re: samplr!  The video sold me straight away.  $5 was much cheaper than I expected.   I hope these guys have a their legal bases covered, though - the UI is very reminiscent of Teenage Engineering's OP-1 synth. :)

its almost a direct visual ripoff of the OP-1 - but its the touchscreen that makes this an instrument on its own. You cant really replicate this with knobs and keys...
I must say I am liking it alot, and playing with it creates a number of song ideas! Im currently using it in a track for a TV commercial :)

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread...

mbenigni

Hijack away!  Better still - post some YouTube videos documenting your work with Samplr!   :)

cell7

Thanks for starting it as a new topic :)
I was just thinking about something else in this app that I like and haven't seen before. The filter (on an xy pad) is a low pass until halfway up the x axis, then it seamlessly turns to a high pass filter above that. Hard to explain if you are not a synth-head, but it's awesome!

cell7

BTW this was updated today to a new UI [black - good for battery life] and it now allows audio input to record your own loops. This is fast becoming my favourite app...