Liine Lemur MIDI Controller

Started by tracy, February 17, 2012, 06:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtian82

Here is a more complete version of the Iphone5 module with guitar model and pre-amp models selections.

heartmood

Maybe a bit off-topic. I'm a Lemur newbie and free of any scripting or midi knowledge. But I'm willing to learn. I just want to create a iPad-controller for switching GR-55 Patches faster than pushing S1/S2 GK-buttons hundred times.

I want 36 buttons each representing a GR-55 Patch, that's all for the beginning. I tried to edit xtian#s controller for my use but it seems to be too complicated for me.

mbenigni

For each control, you'll need to send a SysEx message like this, with the patch number indicated in the byte I've boldfaced (0=bank 1 patch 1, 1=bank1 patch 2, etc.)  I'm not familiar with the Lemur interface so I can't provide any specifics there, but I hope this helps.

0xf0 0xb0 0 0 0xb0 0x20 0x00 0xc0 0 0xf7

Toff.

Reviving this beautiful post :)

As Mbenigni and Xtian82 already know, I am starting my own work on Lemur for the GR-55 and my TC-Helicon Voicelive 3.
I'll post my the progress, so it can help other amateurs.
Musical regards,

Toff.

Godin nylon ACS special edition (Light Burst Quilted Leaftop), Taylor T5 Classic, Fishman Triple Play, Roland GR-20, Roland GR-55, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Digitech Vocalist Live5, iConnectMidi2+

gumtown

If you are accessing only the first 100 patches in the GR-55 and have the GR-55 midi program table set to "fixed",
you only need to send simple patch change messages.
0C 00 = patch 1

0C 0F = patch 16 (hex 0F = decimal 16)

0C 64 = patch 100 (hex 64 = decimal 100)

You can use the GR-55 librarian to re-organise your location of patches to match with buttons.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Liine Lemur MIDI Controller

Lemur Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.liine.lemurapp

Lemur, the world's best MIDI/OSC controller app, is now available for Android. Release includes recent fixes and feature updates. App available now on Google Play.
New Beginnings
Ten years ago, a company from Bordeaux going by the name of JazzMutant, released a revolutionary device — a multitouch screen for music control. To celebrate Lemur's 10th birthday, Liine is proud to present Lemur on an entirely new platform. As the Lemur family spreads from the original hardware tablet, to iOS, and now Android too, music control is accessible to a new generation of passionate users.

Compatibility
Android is a vast platform and Liine had to choose which devices to support from the very beginning. Lemur is officially supported on Nexus 7 - this means that if you buy it for this device, Liine are committed to getting you up and running. It has also been tested on various Android 4.2+ devices with positive results. The list of officially supported devices will grow in the near future.

Elantric

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/11/lemur-now-android-supports-cabled-connections-want-touch-app/#more-35416
Lemur is Now on Android, Supports Cabled Connections; You Want This Touch App
BY PETER KIRN

Before there even was an iPad or iPhone, there was Lemur. The touch-based controller device was theoretically the first-ever consumer multi-touch hardware. Early adopters connected the pricey smart display via Ethernet to a computer, and wowed friends with flying faders and bouncing balls and new ways of doing everything from manipulating spatial audio to playing instruments.
Then, the iPad arrived, and Lemur had a new life as an iOS-only app. For many of us, it's alone reason enough to own an Apple tablet.
But Apple tablets are pricey. Android tablets are cheap. And Android tablets are increasingly available in more sizes. So, maybe you want to run Lemur on Android. Maybe it's your only tablet. Or maybe you're just worried that now your live performance set depends on an iPad mini, and if it dies, you're out hundreds more – so Android is an appealing backup.
Well, now, Lemur has come to Android. It wasn't easy; it required lots of additional testing because of the variety of devices out there and weird peculiarities of making Android development work properly. (Disclosure: I was one of Lemur's testers, and was gratified when it suddenly started working on my Nexus 7, which is a fairly excellent low-cost device.)
But now it's here. And it's fantastic. Nick from Liine came to our monthly mobile music app meetup in Berlin and showed us just how easy it is to code your own custom objects using the canvas – more on that soon. But combine that with a stable app for hosting your own creations, and Lemur is simply indispensable. It's US$24.99 on the Google Play store.
Oh, and one more thing: wires.
Yes, sure, part of the appeal of tablets is wireless control. That allows you to walk around a performance venue, for instance, whilst controlling sounds and mixing. But in live situations, it sure is nice to avoid wifi connection problems and depend on a conventional wire. On both Android and iOS, this requires a special driver – at least if you want to connect directly via USB. But there's already a free and open source Mac driver for Android, and it works really nicely with Lemur:
http://joshuawise.com/horndis
I am absolutely going to start carrying both my Nexus 7 and my iPad mini – I now never have to worry that one tablet will die or the iPad WiFi will decide to stop working int he middle of a show. I might even put them in different bags. You know – redundancy. And for Android lovers, this is great news. (They've been getting a handful of excellent apps lately, which, while nowhere near the iOS ecosystem, still mean you can get a lot of use out of an Android tablet. But that's a story for another day.)
More on Lemur:
Lemur
And grab it from the Google Play store:
Lemur @ Google Play

supernicd

Quote from: xtian82 on November 24, 2013, 10:13:26 AM
Here is an IPad and an Iphone5 module for the lemur apps dedicated to guitarist who would like to access quickly to the main parameters of the GR55.
All parameters are readable: set by the GR55, except the Standard Guitar switch and gain.
All parameters modify directly the GR55. Up to you to save the modifications using the "WRITE" button on the GR55.
This module requires the following:
- An Ipad with the application "Lemur" installed.
- A MIDI interface In&Out between the Ipad and the GR55 (USB Camera+Midi USB interface or Irig Midi). It doesn't work with the IODock from Alesis as it doesn't handle SysEx messages.
Enjoy.

I had totally forgotten about this template.  I checked it out today, and this is pretty brilliant!   You still out there xtian82?  Have you made any other changes/improvements to this?
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

xtian82

I just got a MI.1 (from Quicco sound) for christmas! It's a midi interface over bluetooth. I use it to replace the Irig interface between the IPad and the GR55.
It works perfectly with the Lemur application.
You can use your guitar as a wireless input midi controler for any IPad musical application. I have measured a latency of 32ms. It's a little bit uncomfortable but playable.
My main usage during sessions: I use the Ipad application 'Forscore' which drives the 'programs change' of the GR55 wireless when I switch from one song to the other, and this operation is now wireless.

Geer

Lemur is on my list to but there is no free test version. Is it even better then Midi Designer? I use an Alesis dock1. Thats why i build a GR55 controler without SysEx.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7156.msg97380#msg97380

supernicd

Quote from: Geer on January 09, 2015, 09:10:16 PM
Lemur is on my list to but there is no free test version. Is it even better then Midi Designer?

I have both, and in my opinion, yes, Lemur is better.  It is an order of magnitude more powerful.  Pretty much, your imagination and your device's MIDI implementation are the only limits, and you can build templates that go far beyond a simple controller.  I can't think of anything that MIDI Designer can do that Lemur can't, but the reverse is not true.

BUT - it depends on your needs and on you.  A lot of the extra power in Lemur comes from Lemurscript, which is a javascript like language that you can use to manipulate MIDI, your controls, add logic, etc.  If you don't have a programming background and/or don't want to invest the time learning at least the basics of it, then you'll be missing out on a lot of what Lemur has to offer.  If that's the case, I would say MIDI Designer is probably easier to learn, and you can still do a lot with it.

That's my evaluation for someone who wants to build templates, which it looks like you do.  You and I both know it's very tedious and time consuming - not for everyone.  ;)  If you don't want to build templates, then the best thing is to evaluate which app has a pre-made template that will suit you best, and that will be the best choice.
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

Geer

Thank you for this excellent answer.  I think i have to spent some money to buy the Liine Lemur. My new adventure. I'm sure VGuitar forums wil be a great help.

supernicd

My current Lemur/VGuitar project, Ice Blue, adds an arpeggiator, CC step sequencer, and some other interesting features to the GR-55 and VG-99.  More a labor of love and adventure of curiosity than anything else.   Maybe it will spark your imagination as to the kinds of things you can do with Lemur.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10507.msg95190#msg95190

I need to get the current version uploaded.  My other adventure, the Boss GP-10, has been in the foreground. :)
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

Elantric

http://www.musicappblog.com/lemur-updated/

Lemur updated – MIDI/OSC controller for iOS gets a further update
March 31, 2015 by John L

As regular readers will be aware, I've started a sort of 'MIDI 101? series of articles on the blog that I hope to add to over the course of time and dealing with all sorts of issues related to using MIDI under iOS.
http://www.musicappblog.com/midi-101-part-1/

At some stage, one part of that series ought to include a roundup article for the various 'remote control' apps that are available.
I've looked at a couple of these sorts of apps here in the past including the excellent MIDI Designer Pro (which is a 'DIY build your own touchscreen controller' tool) and more 'off the shelf' solutions such as V-Control Pro (that is more focussed on controlling your desktop DAW/sequencer rather than other MIDI equipment). There are, however, a number of other options on the App Store....

Lemur offers all sorts of interesting control options including – as shown here – the ability to build sequencing tools.
One of those is Lemur and this has received an update today moving the app to v.5.2.2. Lemur is much more in the 'design your own controller' bracket (like MIDI Designer Pro) and allows you to build your own touchscreen surfaces/interfaces that you can then use to control other equipment – software or hardware – providing you have the right links to get the control data into those other devices.
Lemur supports both MIDI and OSC (Open Sound Control – it's sorts of an alternative to MIDI – read the Wiki entry on OSC if you want to know more) and the app includes all sorts of project templates that can get you started. These include step-sequencer designers, fader sets, note performance interfaces and a whole bunch more. However, the real power is in your ability to build your own, fully customised, control sets to suit your own needs.

Fader objects can be created alongs with other MIDI controller types.
The obvious applications here are for Lemur to provide a touchscreen control surface for your desktop/laptop music software, whether that's in a studio context or (and this is perhaps where many musicians put it to good use) in the live performance situation. Incidentally, the app is an excellent partner for Ableton Live...

If you want to design your own note performance surface Lemur can let you do it...
I'd not recommend Lemur to the less experienced MIDI/OSC user as there is undoubtedly a fairly technical learning curve to be dealt with if you are going to get some real use out of the app. However, developer Liine have a lot of support materials available on their website to help get you started and, if you do like to get down and deep with your sound editing and live performance control, Lemur is a very powerful tool once you have grasped the basics.
Even at the fairly hefty (well, hefty for an iOS music app) UK£18.99 asking price, it still offers excellent value for money given the level of features offered. The app is universal so will run on both iPad and iPhone formats. It is happy with anything from iOS4.3 or later and a pretty modest 7MB download. Not for the MIDI newbie but the sound control tech-heads will love what it has to offer.
Lemur

domnils

Hello everyone,

I'm taking the liberty of writing to you to ask for your help, hoping you'll be willing to.

I took over, with his agreement and help, project ''gr55/lemur'' that Xian82 had started.

I modified the layout and added 2 pages :

•   Ice blue arpegiator by Super nicd
•   Guitar amp + fader by Macciza (thanks so much for sharing!)

Unfortunately, there are still some ''bugs'' that prevent the project from being fully functional.

As I don't know how to use the ''Lemur'' application (I have neither the knowledge nor the skills to do that), I'd like to call on you, who perfectly master this tool.

Could you help me finalize this project by fixing the few bugs that are left ?

I'd be reallly grateful if you could, since I'm completely stuck with the matter...

Here is the list of the main issues :

1)   In the CONSOLE PAGE : (framed in red )

   The following switches don't switch the light on ''Lemur'', while they're active in ''gr55''.

–   the switch and fader for   ''stdguit''

–   the switch for : mfx, mod, solo, noise gate, equaliser

2)   In the SETUP/AMP PAGE :

   Nothing is functional

As the project is now on the forum, do feel free to make it evolve as you wish.

Not really knowing whom to contact and considering what you can do, I'd be very glad if you accepted to help me.

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you (fingers crossed)
Thanks in advance

Dominique

ps : I am French .
I use google translation to communicate with you.
please excuse the vocabulary mistakes .

admin

domnils

domnils

I have no response to my request?
maybe I should ask it at a place in the forum?

admin

Already mentioned  above , your best shot is  to contact Liine Lemur forum

Most iPad  folks here have already migrated to less buggy

MidiDesigner (IOS)

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7156.0

ttk

Hello domnils,

There is a fan-based forum here: https://lemur.boards.net/

you might want to try there.