GT-1000/Core new firmware in 2023 ?

Started by ghoi88, March 17, 2023, 03:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghoi88

Does anyone know if Boss is releasing a new firmware to both GT-1000 and Core in 2023 ?

gumtownadmin

No one knows, there was word early last year of a GT-1000 update planned, but nothing has eventuated.
There are a few bug issues reported, but still no update.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

roachone

I wouldn't hold my breath, that's for sure. Boss President (now retired) stated in May 22 there would be another update but that seems to have never materialized.

gumbo

...more fun watching paint dry... ::)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Danelectro

Quote from: roachone on March 18, 2023, 09:45:56 AMI wouldn't hold my breath, that's for sure. Boss President (now retired) stated in May 22 there would be another update but that seems to have never materialized.

It was actually March of 2022 when Yoshi mentioned on YouTube that there would be a GT-1000 update "very soon". Obviously that ball got dropped. 

Somebody on the GT-1000 Facebook page said they heard that a GT-1000 update is finished and scheduled for release this Tuesday, however nobody seems to know the source of this news so it may be all fluff.

Boisdelac

I'm rather afraid that Boss will no longer develop the GT1000 and instead will release a device based on the GTX100 with more extensive hardware, possibly even with profiling, although the hardware in the GT1000 is actually very powerful with the exception of the missing touchscreen (which I don't need).