Adding Sneaky Amps to the Panel?

Started by thacker, February 02, 2023, 12:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thacker

Is there any feasible way to add sneaky amps to the panel?

I like the clean twin better sneaky amp better than the stock clean channel, and I'd like to replace the clean or the clean variation on the panel with the twin.
Same thing with the matchless sneaky amp and the crunch channel.

I've been using them with presets, but since I mostly just use the twin, it would be nice to just have the knobs work like a standard amp when on the panel setting.

I doubt there is any way to replace the amps from within tone studio, but would it be possible to edit the firmware to swap them out? Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

sixeight

This is not possible. Only Boss can change the firmware.

thacker

I know it isn't easy, but theoretically, the KATANAM2.BIN firmware file could be edited to point to the sneaky amp right? If somehow it was possible to know what to change in the file and what to change it to.

I know there are things like decompilers, but I don't have any experience with them. No one on here has looked into that sort of thing?

sixeight

Decompiling is very hard. Be prepared to study machine code for months and then solve a very complicated puzzle for the next year. A bit like a 10.000 piece all white jigsaw puzzle.

Maybe AI will one day be up for the task.