Transferring my patches to another GP-10. Is this normal?

Started by roachone, January 10, 2023, 07:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roachone

Maybe this situation is normal I'm not sure. I purchased another GP-10 as a backup and today I transferred my Live set to it. Everything went good but one thing. I use an extra 2 button footswith with it. 90% of my patches have the same basic setup. I have control 3 set for Alt tune and control 4 for amp solo. Works perfect on my original gp-10 but on the new one none of the patches have anything on 3 or 4 with the new GP-10. The rest of the patch seems fine except that. It's not a major issue as I can manually input those but does this sound normal for transferring patches? Thanks all.

admin

GP-10 has a special routine at power up to detect the presence of any external CTL 3/4 footswitch -if the external footswitch  is not present - GP-10 may  remove/unassign any prior assignments to. CTL 3/4

gumtown

Are they both running the same firmware revision,
I recall a post some time ago where someone's GP-10 was not running as expected, and found to be a pre-production firmware demo unit making the footswitches run incorrectly.
A bit of a long shot, but you never know...
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

roachone

Quote from: gumtown on January 10, 2023, 10:36:51 PMAre they both running the same firmware revision,
I recall a post some time ago where someone's GP-10 was not running as expected, and found to be a pre-production firmware demo unit making the footswitches run incorrectly.
A bit of a long shot, but you never know...
Thank you. They are running the same version. I DID NOT have the footswitch hooked up on the new one when I transferred the live set. I will try that today. Thanks guys! I appreciate your help.

pasha811

Quote from: admin on January 10, 2023, 10:27:32 PMGP-10 has a special routine at power up to detect the presence of any external CTL 3/4 footswitch -if the external footswitch  is not present - GP-10 may  remove/unassign any prior assignments to. CTL 3/4

That explains some glitches I had. Thanks! So once you program it CTL 3/4 it's a marriage for life!
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

admin

Quote from: pasha811 on January 11, 2023, 11:13:40 AMThat explains some glitches I had. Thanks! So once you program it CTL 3/4 it's a marriage for life!

But ONLY if you remember to connect the External CTL3/4 pedal BEFORE powering on

I understand most latest Boss Processors operate in same manner ( SY-1000, GT-1000)

roachone

Quote from: admin on January 11, 2023, 12:24:44 PMBut ONLY if you remember to connect the External CTL3/4 pedal BEFORE powering on

I understand most latest Boss Processors operate in same manner ( SY-1000, GT-1000)

woah! didn't realize this. THANK YOU!!!! By the way, I use a Flamma fs07 cab with my GP-10 with GT-1000 Ir's. I practiced today with a drummer and man, I gotta tell you,  this little yellow box still amazes me. Hard to believe Boss didn't do a newer version of this unit. Thanks again for all the help.

roachone

Just wanted you guys to know that by Hooking up the footswitch PRIOR to powering the GP-10 on fixed my problem. Working perfect now. Really appreciate the info!