Roland GKC5 13 pin cable doesnt lock in the Graptech socket

Started by Valinho, December 11, 2022, 07:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valinho

Hello!

My brand new Roland GKC5 13 pin cable doesnt plug and lock properly in the brand new Graptech socket installed in my guitar. So it unplugged from the guitar and fall on the ground....wich is a problem, I bet you will imagine that easely  ;D  It perfectly locks in the Boss SY1000 female plug but not in the Graphteck  plate mounted socket.

Did you experience thta already? Can it be the result of a faulty element or bad installation?

Thanks for your help, the black thick tape to secure this will definitely look so bad on stage  ::)

billbax

Hi Valinho,

Sorry to hear about this.  A 13-pin socket locking retainer hole position is often slightly different according the 13-pin source manufacturer. You only need to be out by 0.10mm left/right, or forwards/backwards of the socket locking hole = no lock:(  Btw, a universal 2mm 13-pin socket locking hole solves all +/-mm supplier variants...my experience.

Please post a photo of your graphtech mounted 13-pin panel socket with several angles, and a close-up of your Roland 13-pin cable plug locking hook/tang. Well lit and hi-res if possible.

You might want to check out forum member Gumbo here, as he is a great authority on 13-pin socket mechanics.

Bill

Valinho

Hi Bill, tanks a lot for your kind answer. I opened the back cavity to look at the socket and lock hole...there is not so much to see, but the cable seems to lock more or less now for a reason I didn't get  ??? Mabe some cables from my other stuff installed in were in the way...or the angle of the cable when I was trying to plug it whith the guitar on my knees was not good...I does not lock so "obviously" whith the proper loud "click" sound it makes when plugged in the SY 1000. I sometimes here a little clic sometimes no clic at all. It looks like this is a "barely proper" locking ^^. Maybe I should gently use a small lime or sand paper to make the lock hole a little deeper.

I'm far away from my guitar for now but I will post photos here anyway as soon as I can, maybe it could give informations on that situation wich can be used by someone.

By the way, what is a "universal 2mm 13-pin socket" and can it replace the Graptech one, since it seems soldered on a printed circuit board?

best regards

Valinho