GK Kit sourcing problem

Started by Verchrona, December 02, 2022, 07:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verchrona

I was about to purchase the GK-kit from andertons/thomann, but apparently they cant ship to US. Its 4x as much here!! Whats going on??

Is there another source that has a proper pricing instead of this inflated scam that the US retailers seem to be running?

Verchrona

Quote from: Bluesbird on December 02, 2022, 08:05:36 PMTry this site:

https://www.musicstore.com/en_US/USD/Roland-GKKITGT3-/art-GIT0007925-000

This was the first site I tried, they stopped me at checkout too. Whats going on?! It seems they are trying to really squeeze the US users of the GK systems dry. This is quite a shame, it will make many people shy away from it.

admin

Quote from: Verchrona on December 03, 2022, 09:15:36 PMThis was the first site I tried, they stopped me at checkout too. Whats going on?! It seems they are trying to really squeeze the US users of the GK systems dry. This is quite a shame, it will make many people shy away from it.

One of the downsides of global community forums- it alerts the regional Roland Product distributors about the customers knowledge of massive pricing discrepancy between  Roland Product distributors local advertised MSRP pricing for same product.

The USA has always been at disadvantage vs EU/UK in regards to the MSRP price for the GK-3 GK-3B and internal kit versions

Over $300 has always been the USA price for GK-KIT-GT3

Sad it's currently $400