Hi fellow virtual guitarists.

Started by catwizud, October 27, 2022, 05:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwizud

I signed up in April this year and was not sure what to say so today I have decided to stop lurking and bite the bullet.

I joined a Beatles tribute band in school as a drummer about 1963 when 'Please Please Me' was released, but reverted back to Rhythm and Blues following the Stones, Pretty Things, Kinks, Animals, Yardbirds, Spencer Davis, etc.

My first guitar was around the same period and I just found that chord shapes were to difficult for me at that time so I concentrated on what I was good at and guitar wise kept it simple developing my acoustic blues and 'weird musical ideas' in the bedroom.

I learnt about electronics in the 50's playing with old valve radios and televisions, took an apprenticeship with Post Office Research in 1966 and built my first and best ever guitar 'fuzzbox' as well as a transistor amp. Other apprentices played guitar and drums, they introduces me to Eric Clapton with John Mayall Blues Breakers and then we got Cream, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, etc. In 1967 I went to the 7th National Jazz & Blues Festival in Windsor, then everything exploded with Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Free, Jethro Tull, etc., what an unprecedented period of experimentation and fusion that was.

My love of 'Electronic' music really took off in the late 70's when I upgraded from the original Tangerine computer, pre the Oric, to the BBC computer with the Music 500 add-on, after that Atari ST and Amigas with early sound samplers, etc.

My first midi guitar was a Casio MG-510 that I used with the Roland MT32, then the Roland SC88VL, my Casio 101 FM was always a favourite layered sound.

When it came out the Fender Stratocaster with the Fishman TriplePlay pickup and wireless dongle appealed to me so in 2014 I got one and that came with Studio One and I have never looked back.

Since retiring to France around 2016 I am gradually getting my home studio together and recently purchased the Jam Origin Guitar 2 Midi software as it allows you to quickly use any source, also an old Line 6 Variax 500 quickly followed by the Helix Rack.

Life is good here in Brittany, doing a few small solo gigs, feel like I am 20 again and ready to start experimenting with all my weird ideas that I have accumulated, always happy to help others where I can.

Mrchevy

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

dfalck

Welcome Catwizud!
Please post some pictures or videos of your setup and a gig, if you have any.
VG/synth gear:
Fishman Tripleplay Connect, GK-2,GK-3,GK-5,GP-10, GT1000 Core, SY-1000, GM-800, Morningstar MC8, iPad with AUM and AUV3 plugins.