Delete

Started by Bluesbird, August 14, 2022, 08:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesbird

Delete

kimyo

thanks for posting this, and please let us know how it goes.

i'm seriously tempted by the antares, both for the intonation correction and the alt-tune capabilities.

these units must be 8+ years old, is that your impression?

arindamliveguitar

I also saw the jrrshop link online but the price felt a little on the steeper side. Let us know how your experience goes

whippinpost91850

I've bought a few things from them

arindamliveguitar

chrish

review on amazon

"Build quality seems solid. I could see some people really liking this. Some settings are ok, better than the bare hexaphonic pickup sound, but just kind of ok. The alt tuning could be useful, but I hear digital artifacts in some of the settings. Might be ok for some things to get you through an alt tuning or key change or something else otherwise difficult to do quickly in a live setting, as long as you aren't front and center in the mix.

Antares gets an "F" for the way they abandoned this product and the customers that spent money on it. I understand products get discontinued and are no longer supported. But you can't even get the previous software updates on it because Antares is too cheap to host a download link. Come on, really? It's not like you would have to pay for an entire dedicated website and development team. Just let me download the last version update."

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: chrish on August 16, 2022, 11:04:53 AMAntares gets an "F" for the way they abandoned this product and the customers that spent money on it. I understand products get discontinued and are no longer supported. But you can't even get the previous software updates on it because Antares is too cheap to host a download link. Come on, really? It's not like you would have to pay for an entire dedicated website and development team. Just let me download the last version update."

They kept the download server active for quite some time; you did need an account that was already in place before the products were discontinued, but many got around that by using someone else's login.  If you owned an ATG there was plenty of time to update the firmware and most owners took advantage of that (I know I did!).
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

aliensporebomb

And if anyone has the files it could be hosted on someones third party server as a "you use this at your own risk" type access if someone still has the files. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.