Is it too early for an update prediction/wishlist thread?

Started by Magic Russ, July 30, 2022, 10:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Russ

I tested a few IRs, most are considerably darker than the stock cabinets. 

There are a few videos posted comparing GX vs GT-1000 with same settings and same IR.  Here are a few of those:

stevelukather

Id like to see a better(big font) BPM info when use tap.

In a live situation,it's really important.

QC has a nice way to see bpm info when tap is used.

Boisdelac

I'm unable to tap in the same BPM twice in a row. There is always a slight difference between the two attempts. That means to me, I use preprogrammed BPM values, or receive the BPM via MIDI.

In live situations there is no time to look for an exact BPM, and nobody will mention the difference between 120 and 125 BPM. If your BPM is off the beat, tap again.

stevelukather

Quote from: Boisdelac on April 08, 2023, 04:02:57 AMI'm unable to tap in the same BPM twice in a row. There is always a slight difference between the two attempts. That means to me, I use preprogrammed BPM values, or receive the BPM via MIDI.

In live situations there is no time to look for an exact BPM, and nobody will mention the difference between 120 and 125 BPM. If your BPM is off the beat, tap again.

I use preprogrammed BPM values too !. But sync is the problem. I haven't midi synchronization with backing tracks in all bands where i do perform.

If I know there's a song with 78 bpm but tap is not synced , can I press the pedal many times until synced again at 78. But font size on a corner doesn't help so much.
Quad Cortex have a nice implementation of that.

And in a live situation , of course would there's time to look some info (bpm, tuner..etc). (intros especially). Not always but yes...

Boisdelac

Tapping the BPM is senseless, if you can controll your BPM only once.

Tap as many times you like, until the BPM is synced with the beat. If the BPM changes, tap again.

Hammerhands

stevelukather

Quote from: Boisdelac on April 08, 2023, 10:52:14 PMTapping the BPM is senseless, if you can controll your BPM only once.

Tap as many times you like, until the BPM is synced with the beat. If the BPM changes, tap again.

It doesn't work for me if it doesn't sync to the correct bpm.
I use an infinite delay (100% feedback) in a song for example. If you go 1 bpm behind or ahead, the song will not sync

The problem is as easy to solve as placing the BPM with a larger font. It's a UX/UI issue

Boisdelac

I use a kind of "Brain May" doubling to have a second voice when playing a certain guitar solo part. A Shorts time before playing the solo, i tap the actual tempo, to get the delay in sync with the drummers beat.

If I tap e.g. 120BPM or 125BPM there is only a difference 20ms per quarter. So I don't need a display for the BPM in live situations.

In studio you need a midi master clock to sync all device, if you really want to...

stevelukather

Quote from: Boisdelac on April 09, 2023, 11:48:12 PMI use a kind of "Brain May" doubling to have a second voice when playing a certain guitar solo part. A Shorts time before playing the solo, i tap the actual tempo, to get the delay in sync with the drummers beat.

If I tap e.g. 120BPM or 125BPM there is only a difference 20ms per quarter. So I don't need a display for the BPM in live situations.

In studio you need a midi master clock to sync all device, if you really want to...

This song. We have click track, and efx is infinite and multiple delays ....There's no way to go out of sync by 20ms or more....
I know the best results it's midi master clock, but it's not possible in all bands where i do perform.

Even if the problem wasn't timing. I think it's important to be able to see the time in BPM with the multi-effect on the floor (big font and voilà !).

Magic Russ

I see the ME-90 is out and it has a Turbo Distortion and Tune Down effect that are new.  Wonder if those will see their way into the GX?