Feature request: open first unread post in thread

Started by sixeight, May 15, 2022, 12:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixeight

@admin_shawnb. One of the features of thegearpage.net is that the website keeps track of where you are in a certain topic. When you go back to a topic that has new content it will open the first unread post of the topic. Any chance we can get that on vguitarforums?

I now have the post in reverse order, so the latest post is on top, but that means reading topics in reverse, which is not always helpful.

admin_shawnb

Close...  Anywhere you see a little orange "new" button will take you to the new posts at the end.

Also to the right of anywhere you see the "Last Post:" label, e.g., in board or topic lists, or the unread posts list, is a link that will take you to the end of the thread.

sixeight

Excellent feature.. Somehow I never knew that. I changed my post order back to normal and will start pushing these new buttons now.

gumtown

I used to have my posts listed in reverse order too, it saved a lot of scrolling down the page to new posts in a topic,
but it also messed things up for reading other sites, so it is good to be back to the default setting. 

now to try the emojis  :)  ;)  :D  ;D  >:(  :(  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'(
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/