RC-600 - Firmware

Started by admin, March 10, 2022, 04:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

RC-505MKII/RC-600 VERSION 1.10 UPDATE
BOSS is pleased to announce free system updates for the RC-505mkII and RC-600 coming in late March 2022.
Version 1.10 brings additional power to the flagship Loop Stations, including new user-requested features and performance improvements.

Added Features
Expanded Effects—Effect algorithms and parameters from legacy RC products have been added to a number of effect types, allowing users to reproduce favorite settings from previous units. This includes changes to Ring Mod, Slow Gear, Transpose, Pitch Bend, Octave, Roll, and other effects.
Step Rate—A Step Rate parameter has been added to the Filter, Phaser, Flanger, Isolator, and Auto Pan effects, making it easier to create interesting rhythmic effects.
Mic Level Quick Control—In addition to other input and output levels, the microphone level can now be adjusted while performing using a panel knob assignment.
Vocoder Enhancement—A Carrier Thru function has been added to the Vocoder effect, allowing users to mute the dry sound for increased clarity.
Input Thru—An assignable Input Thru function has been added to quickly mute or unmute the input signal while performing.
Performance Fixes and Improvements
Auto Rec response and function improvements.
Fixed a noise issue that could occur when Rec Quantize was turned off.
Fixed Sync Setting issues that could cause audio stretching and glitching problems regardless of the setting.
Fixed audio record/playback problems that could occur when using rhythm intros.
Fixed a problem where control function (CTL FUNC) assignments might not work correctly when the system preference was set to Memory

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/rc-505mk2/support_documents/974ffb20-46b5-4c6e-a9a4-9ef1ebf5cb9b/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rc505update

TechFixer

Well it's late March and I'm waiting.
Sure hope they fix the audio glitch/stretching issue and other bugs.

Techfixer

Hi, I'm TechFixer.... I'm a gear-A-Holic and I have a problem. (Hi TechFixer!!) Pretty much every Roland guitar synth from the GR-50 to the VG-99. Roland VGA amps too. Lefty Line 6 500 Variax (converted to strung righty) FrankenPeavey ATG and Fishman TP

mojotron

Here it is: https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/rc-600/updates_drivers/895f1201-d661-4b2d-aa94-0fa4d925a0eb/

I've only had my RC-600 for a week now - so not many sessions with it. So far it seems like it's able to be configured to work any way one would want. 
I was trying to use auto-rec and could not get that to work - so I'm hoping the FW 1.10 update will fix that.

The routing of inputs to different sub-outs is an amazing feature as I have my Katana's FX-send into input-1 and an EH-Bass9 pedal into input-2 routing the main-out back to the Katana FX-return and the input-2 to a bass amp: That works flawlessly and I did not even crack the manual to do it. 

What an amazing looper!

admin

Firmware Version 1.12 ] APR 2022
Bug Fixes
Fixed a noise issue that could occur when the Rec Quantize function was turned off.
Fixed an issue with setting the Carrier function for the Vocoder effect (Input FX).
Fixed an issue with setting the Shift function for the Beat Shift effect (Track FX).
Fixed an issue where the Input FX/Track FX type might not be displayed correctly on the play screen.

RC-600
https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/rc-600/updates_drivers/19728865-d34b-4af0-9ea8-ccdf6bf92afd/

RC-505 MKII
https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/rc-505mk2/updates_drivers/bcb485b6-73f2-49d4-8cb2-f6e4562367fd/

Boisdelac

Boss released a new firmware for the Boss RC-600

UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.1.30 ] DEC 2023
Additional Functions
Added the ability to change the LED color for loop status.
Added the ability to adjust the track level on the mixer screen.
The tempo calculation method has changed when recording with no timing reference (rhythm/click off).
When the first track is recorded, the tempo is calculated and adjusted based on the memory's current tempo setting. This provides a more accurate tempo and measure calculation, eliminating unintentional half-time or double-time results.
The DIST > VOCAL DIST effect type now supports stereo operation.
Bug Fixes
The following bugs have been fixed.
Fixed an issue where the Input FX/Track FX on/off state is not displayed correctly on the play screen.
Fixed an issue where the FX type name for an ASSIGN target may not appear.
Fixed an issue where memories may switch unintentionally during a loop performance.
Fixed an issue where the speed may not change at the beginning of a bar when SPEED CHANGE is set to LOOP END.
Fixed an issue with incorrect recording while changing the beat when Loop Sync mode is set to IMMEDIATE.
Fixed an issue where the ALL START/STOP indicator may not respond correctly when Loop Sync mode is set to IMMEDIATE.
Fixed an issue where the volume of the LPF, BPF, and HPF effect types may drop with high input signal levels.
Fixed several issues that could cause a looper data damaged message.
Fixed several issues that could cause a freeze and/or system error message.

Petros_k

QuoteThe tempo calculation method has changed when recording with no timing reference (rhythm/click off).
When the first track is recorded, the tempo is calculated and adjusted based on the memory's current tempo setting. This provides a more accurate tempo and measure calculation, eliminating unintentional half-time or double-time results.

--Some people apparently having problems with this latest change in firmware calling it a defect, though it may just be they don't like the change in how the RC-600 is handling setting up a tempo. Read comments below taken from this Youtube video:

"NOW with 1.3 if you play a song at 120, and then a song at 110, and then a song at 90, three slowing songs in a row the internal tempo of the last song is affecting the calibration of the tempo detection.   So now, say the fourth song is at 140bpm?  it'll think it's 70 because the 90 was in the memory from the last song...You can't play a fast song and then a slow song without telling the looper approximately what you're gonna attempt to play it at with a TAP TEMPO command before you start recording...Firmware 1.21 [previous version] it would just detect the tempo perfectly every single time"

--sounds like he's saying the tempo "detection" is defective now under some circumstances with Firmware V1.30

plexified

1.3 temp detect issue noted by Matt Bolton :