BOSS GX-100 Videos

Started by admin, March 03, 2022, 01:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Boss launches its first touchscreen-equipped amp/multi-effects processor, the GX-100
By Matt Owen

Upgraded unit boasts the brand's celebrated AIRD technology, over 150 effects, 23 amp models, an onboard looper and can serve as a USB audio interface

Boss has expanded its lineup of amp and multi-effects units by debuting its all-new GX-100 multi-effects processor pedal.

Compatible with electric guitars and bass guitars, Boss' latest floor unit comes equipped with a number of features and effects found on the flagship GT-1000, though introduces a host of neat new appointments.

Chief among which is a rejuvenated ultra-modern design, as well as a more intuitive operation thanks to the color touchscreen display that can be used to curate signal chains containing up to 15 simultaneous effects blocks.

Such chains can make use of series and parallel signal routing, and can utilize up to two separate amp blocks. The presence of 200 onboard user memory slots also means a wealth of custom-configured presets can be saved to the GX-100.

In terms of effects on offer, the options are – as you'd expect from a Boss unit – pretty impressive. Boasting Boss' AIRD technology and a refined Tube Logic approach, the unit promises a "natural tube amp feel" with each of its 23 amplifier models.

There are over 150 effects – including drives, distortions, modulations, reverbs and delays – available, which are derived from the GT-1000 and that can be controlled in real-time thanks to the onboard expression pedal. A "wide selection" of onboard speaker cabs is also available, and there's room for importing third party IRs as well.

As for navigating the pedal itself, there are eight assignable footswitches, an output level knob and an expression pedal that also houses a toe switch. The display, meanwhile, works in unison with four parameter controllers, a Select knob and Page scrolling buttons. It's a layout that's said to deliver a "frustration-free experience".
As well as having control over fluid parameter tweaks, signal chain adjustments and patch selection, the GX-100 also boasts a Manual mode that turns the pedal into a conventional stompbox controlling-style unit
It can also be used as a USB audio interface, as well as a silent practice companion thanks to the headphones jack and onboard looper function.

Other appointments include Boss Tone Studio compatibility. As well as letting you tweak parameters on Windows and macOS, the Tone Studio app also connects to the GX-100 via Bluetooth – with the optional MIDI Dual Adaptor – allowing users to introduce off-the-cuff effects changes.

The GX-100 is available now for $599.

admin

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

admin

"Talk with BOSS" is a talk show where the president of BOSS answers questions behind the scenes of development and viewers. Introducing the new product, GX-100 Guitar Effects Processor, which has just been announced! Thursday, March 3 20:00on Thursday, March 3rd Live streaming from. This time, we will welcome Mr. AssH, a guitarist and solo artist who is active not only in Japan but also in the world as a special guest, and will explain while actually using the GX-100. looking forward to!

The GX-100 will be released on Saturday, March 26, 2022.

BenoA

GX-100 PARAMETER GUIDE
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GX-100_prm_eng01_W.pdf

* Includes GX-100 "SOUND LIST" FACTORY PATCH DESCRIPTION (PG 170-172)

admin

gumtown

There are some really good tones in most videos,
but I personally dislike the tone in the first video posted here,
the "Boss introduces the GX-100" one.

Seems so pale and anemic.
Maybe it was a post production thing ?
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumtown

This is the one that was initially leaked.

admin

admin

admin

Mrchevy

Quote from: BenoA on March 03, 2022, 10:45:39 AM

GX-100 PARAMETER GUIDE
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GX-100_prm_eng01_W.pdf

* Includes GX-100 "SOUND LIST" FACTORY PATCH DESCRIPTION (PG 170-172)
Can't say I am  impressed with the tones in this video. Kinda  nasaly and fizzy to me. Cleans sound pretty good though.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

admin

Quote from: Mrchevy on March 05, 2022, 06:15:56 AM
Can't say I am  impressed with the tones in this video. Kinda  nasaly and fizzy to me. Cleans sound pretty good though.

Agreed- a few other GX-100 demos are dialing in " 1980s" tone with GX-100 full of 2005 era POD XT fizz which are tones I shun today

For me the live AssH GX-100 demo through a JC-120, although flawed from a common room mic showcases the GX-100 ability to clean up by rolling down guitar volume. And I can identify the tones being demonstrated as something I could use 
Skip to 49 minutes to completion

Mrchevy

I have no doubt about its ability for good tones. I wish they had released it a couple of months ago as l just bought a Helix lt in January. Was looking at the GT1000 but couldn't find one at the time locally, also I really like using the Tera Echo, but didn't like that it was lumped into the reverb block. I'm past the  return  window otherwise I might consider going back to  Roland. Although I  might be able to get an even trade for the GX-100 where I got the Helix (at a loss of about $400) ::) .I've been pretty happy with the Helix though using it with the Gr55
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

admin

admin

Elantric

plexified

Nice Real World Down to Earth Overview from Glenn.

He shows you @ 22:20 ish his Live Show board before and after the GX-100.

admin

gumtown

Nice sounding reverbs in that one..  ;)