Vg's d-beam

Started by Itayakian7, February 26, 2022, 12:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itayakian7

Heyy
I'd like to use the d beam and ribbon controller of the Vg as midi expression, without using the Vg as my main audio interface. I use Rme audio interface.
Is there a way to connect the Vg just as midi controller and not as main audio interface to the computer ? (windows 10)
I have midi expression io box.
Thanks in advance
Itay

gumtown

Either VG-99 USB direct to computer, and use just the Midi device part of the VG-99 USB driver and ignore the audio,
or if your RME device has Midi I/O then plug the VG-99 midi out to the RME midi in.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

philjynx

I was being driven nuts by my Katana, I'd plug it in to my PC to test my MIDI controller, and the music I'd been listening to on the PC would get routed through the Katana.

Here's how to stop your VG being the sound device for your PC. Open sound settings (right click the speaker on the task bar) , there are several ways to get to sound settings.....
Then go into "Manage sound devices"
Find your VG99 - initially it wil appear like my "Secondary 2- Katana" does, if you click it it will expand to look like my "primary 2-katana" does, there you can disable it.
This is not permanent, so don't worry, you can change this whenever you like. Disabling is not the same as uninstalling.
While you're there, you can check that the audio route you want is set up.
Phil

Itayakian7

Thanks very much!
It's all much clear now
Is there an option to use the Vg's midi controller in latch mod? Like with expression pedal