NUX -AMP ACADEMY NS-G6- Amp Modeler, USB Audio Interface

Started by admin, February 22, 2022, 03:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

NUX -AMP ACADEMY  Amp Modeler, USB Audio Interface

Owners Manual
https://cdn.nuxefx.com//enclosure/sources/XdmVIZGbhDkEZgVn/NUX_NGS-6_AmpAcademy_UserManual.pdf

https://www.nuxefx.com/841baf.html

admin

NUX Amp Academy is also a 24 bit USB Class Compliant Audio interface with ASIO driver too - I'll be testing mine this weekend

Spent last 2 hours A/B NUX Amp Academy vs Kemper Stage

Have not used the NUX Amp Academy editor yet with my laptop- just using the fresh out of box factory settings for NUX Amp Factory - very easy to use has the important stereo aux Input and Stereo Headphone jack

Feeding NUX Amp Academy output into

either QSC K10.2 or FX Return of Mustang GTX100

Either work extremely well with NUX Amp Academy

Great tones , and cleans up nicely when lowering guitar volume- wish I had this in 1968

I've been using NUX products 10 years,  they deliver consistent results for my needs.

sixeight

Quote from: admin on March 29, 2022, 10:08:02 PM

The guitar solo at the end of this video is awesome. I actually listened to it several times. I don't think that ever happened with a product video before.

hsuru4u

wow This is getting good reviews for a $200 unit. looks like alot onboard and a looper/drums..fun stuff. cant tell if effects loop is stereo or not.but headphones are which is great.

Elantric

Elantric

Bill Ruppert

Quote from: Elantric on March 16, 2024, 12:11:16 AM
Why not just profile the NUX and have it all in the Kemper?
Then there is nothing to compare.

Elantric

Because the NUX Amp Academy is the right tool for gigging in bar room brawls,Pool side parties, outdoor stages on piers  with light rain,  ( 70% of my live gig  environment and gets the job done as "Stunt Double")
 I got it on sale at Amazon upon release cheaper than a guitar gig bag

I can tweak the sound to my liking mid song  in seconds, , even after 2 beers

Bill Ruppert

Quote from: Elantric on March 16, 2024, 08:08:40 AMBecause the NUX Amp Academy is the right tool for gigging in bar room brawls,Pool side parties, outdoor stages on piers  with light rain,  ( 70% of my live gig  environment and gets the job done as "Stunt Double")
 I got it on sale at Amazon upon release cheaper than a guitar gig bag

I can tweak the sound to my liking mid song  in seconds, , even after 2 beers
Steve, I understand that well, but my point was why compare it to a Kemper when it can profile the NUXS sound.
It would be better to compare it to a modeler that did not have a profiling or capturing ability.
That would be more useful, at least to me.

Elantric

The video is comparing a Marshall Amplifier tone with same  Cab IR on two products

One is $199

The other is $699

Bill Ruppert

The NUX has one Mashall sound.
The Kemper/Tonex has thousands of Marshall sounds to load or even profile from an original.
How do you pick which one to compare?

chrish

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on March 16, 2024, 09:07:50 AMThe NUX has one Mashall sound.
The Kemper/Tonex has thousands of Marshall sounds to load or even profile from an original.
How do you pick which one to compare?
I didn't know that you worked with Kemper. Now I understand your POV here as a talented sound designer.

"Ruppert has also works with the Kemper profiling amplifier company as a consultant and sound designer."

Elantric

Bill Ruppert

Quote from: chrish on March 17, 2024, 10:47:35 AMI didn't know that you worked with Kemper. Now I understand your POV here as a talented sound designer.

"Ruppert has also works with the Kemper profiling amplifier company as a consultant and sound designer."

Yes crish, I did about 10 years ago. I consulted on the pitch shift and reverb's.
It was a great experience, as you can imagine.
But I don't have a clue how they profile...

chrish

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on March 17, 2024, 06:33:59 PMYes crish, I did about 10 years ago. I consulted on the pitch shift and reverb's.
It was a great experience, as you can imagine.
But I don't have a clue how they profile...
after you posted your Kemper profile of the  GR30O I really wanted a Kemper and came close to buying one. But as Gumtown says, want vs need. :)

Bill Ruppert

Quote from: chrish on March 19, 2024, 11:26:32 AMafter you posted your Kemper profile of the  GR30O I really wanted a Kemper and came close to buying one. But as Gumtown says, want vs need. :)

Chrish Thanks!
That was so much fun. I took one channel of 13 pin on the VG-99 and profiled a bunch of things. It was a hoot and worked pretty good.
I got a great banjo and dobro from profiling the VG-99.
Yea It was not perfect but good enough to use..
Them were fun days.