Sy-1000 SQ Viola 4-6 STR

Started by Harry1227, January 08, 2022, 11:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry1227

Nice demo recording. A very powerful patch.
On strings 1-3 - solo cello, press CTL1 to turn on / off
On strings 4-6 there is a cello playing in staccato octaves. Click BankUp to enable / disable. Normal gtr and staccato cello change each other.
The drums are the same as before. CurNUM - Hold. BankDown - on / off
EXP1 - Filter the drums and change the attack of the solo cello.
There is no overdubbing on the recording, all instruments are generated at the same time when you play the guitar.

pasha811

I like a lot. A genre that resonates with my mood. Good sounds. Amazing that all comes w/o overdub.
Not an SY1K owner so I do not get how the drum loop is even possible, can you explain to a noobie?
It's incredible what you can do with a Guitar and this very nice piece of Music testifies that.
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

aliensporebomb

Brilliant and well done - it really sounds like a viola!  Nice little arrangement in the tune too.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Harry1227

The drum loop in this patch is made using a dynamic synthesizer. It reproduces pink noise, which is transformed by a sequencer into the sounds of drums. This synthesizer is put on hold and silenced and filtered at the right moment.

Kevin M

This is absolutely fantastic! It shows just how powerful the SY1K is in the right hands.  Far better than Boss' cheesy 80's demos at the product launch.

pasha811

Quote from: Harry1227 on January 09, 2022, 08:28:39 AM
The drum loop in this patch is made using a dynamic synthesizer. It reproduces pink noise, which is transformed by a sequencer into the sounds of drums. This synthesizer is put on hold and silenced and filtered at the right moment.

Wow. This implies great knowledge of synthesis and a very deep knowledge of the device (sequencer to alter dynamic synth in real time) .
8)
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

aliensporebomb

You gotta dig deep to get the most out of these boxes.  This is great! 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

stub

At first, I thought, "Oh, it's triggering a ROMpler".

Impressive. I'll be curious to see if it can be recreated in bass mode.

jozart

Quote from: pasha811 on January 09, 2022, 10:56:23 AM
Wow. This implies great knowledge of synthesis and a very deep knowledge of the device (sequencer to alter dynamic synth in real time) .
8)

Each dynamic synth has two 16-step sequencers which can modulate pitch, filter cutoff, and/or instrument level, and each dynamic synth's oscillator can be configured with a noise source. That's enough for kick, snare and high-hats, maybe more.

Nobulusprime

That's great Harry and great playing and a lot of foot tapping too!

Looking forward to downloading this and having a play. 

The SY1000 is a great piece of kit for recreating sounds - such a shame it hasn't been pushed more by Boss and ironed some of its foibles.

admin

Quote from: Nobulusprime on January 09, 2022, 12:46:31 PM

The SY1000 is a great piece of kit for recreating sounds - such a shame it hasn't been pushed more by Boss and ironed some of its foibles.

IMHO, it's  due to many old guard sound designers formerly on Roland/ Boss payroll  have retired, or worn out thier welcome with current regime in charge.

And of course a Google search on 2022 Guitar techniques reveals a larger preference for fire breathing Metal/ "post rock" /torched earth tones -and the trend of younger guitarists  ignoring anything from the mouths of anyone older than age 40 -dissing "Boomer Bends"
( no wonder NY Times says guitar is dead)

GCaturano

Great sound and a great atmosphere.

Thanks for sharing!
Ciao,

GiO

gvidelock

Positively amazing! Thanks for sharing the patch and recording.
-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head

mchad

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing too. I'm sure many of us would use this patch in our own compositions. Inspirational!

jassy

Great music, sound, and programming.
Thank you for sharing, you give a lesson in generosity.

Allomerus

Excellent work getting all these sounds from the SY1000 and all in one patch. The viola sound is very cool!

wholedin

What a fantastic patch. Further proof that patience with this box is in order. Thanks so much Harry.

Harry1227

You are welcome. I'm glad you liked it. I am very inspired by the opportunity to set the style of playing the instruments and, in the order of improvisation, create harmony with the melody. And I am very interested in trying to unleash the potential of the sy-1000 as an auto-arranger.
But within the sy-1000 it is very limited. There are few instruments. There are problems with the synchronization of the LFO and wave pedal. There is no harmony in the sequencer, etc. etc.
But even in these conditions, something worthwhile can be done. This is the same art as painting, the main thing is inspiration and enjoyment of the process. And restrictions force you to be restrained and adhere to reasonable minimalism.

BROCKSTAR

My goodness.... I finally got around to trying this amazing preset. Turned INST 1 and INST 2 off and just wanted to play with the "violin" sound and turned strings E,A,D on for it as well and just lost myself playing it to almost tears lol. Added a bit more reverb from my line 6 helix for ambient and was amazing!

Yadrichik Chaya

Quote from: BROCKSTAR on January 26, 2022, 04:59:12 PM
My goodness.... I finally got around to trying this amazing preset. Turned INST 1 and INST 2 off and just wanted to play with the "violin" sound and turned strings E,A,D on for it as well and just lost myself playing it to almost tears lol. Added a bit more reverb from my line 6 helix for ambient and was amazing!

Did the exact same thing a few days ago - only playing with the violin for hours! :) Even added a fretless bass in one of the instrument slots. The violin in this patch is the best violin out there. I haven't even installed Gumtown's editor yet but if one could somehow copy only the violin in this one and add to another patch that would be awesome, or only three versions of this violin = harmonizing  8)

IgorHatesEverything

I just joined this forum, and for my first I just wanted to say how terrific this patch is.  Thanks. 

ericar123

Thank you for this patch. I love it.

Kitko

Boss SY-1000
Roland VG-99
Boss RC-600
Roland FC-300
Ibanez RGA 7 with GK3
Ibanez RGA 72QM with GK3 kit
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige JD Craft

stub