GT-1: CTL2/CTL3 footswitch issue

Started by buduranus2, November 09, 2021, 02:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buduranus2

I'm pretty comfortable by now with the GT-1. The "final frontier" for me has to do with CTL2/3 switching. I'm using a Digitech FS3X which works quite nicely. I chose that because it's configured like a three-button stomp box except the stomp switches don't click. It's a better choice for me than the FS-6/7. The issue is this. When I step on the switch it doesn't change until after I release it. I'm used to instantaneous switching like on a stomp box where the sound changes as soon as you stomp on it. For the most part it's not too much of an issue but there are certain situations where it's problematic. For example, in the Boz Scaggs tune Lowdown after the guitar solo it goes right back to the rhythm part. The last note in the solo rings for its full value (quarter note.) I'm used to stepping on the stomp box on the downbeat of the next measure and having the rhythm sound cut in immediately. But when I do that on the GT-1 the sound doesn't change until the stomp switch comes back up. So there's this annoying artifact of lead tone that spills over the bar line. My question, then, is this. Is there a way to use CTL2/3 so that the sound changes when you stomp on the pedal instead of when you release it? Or is there another footswitch that would respond like a stomp box? I realize we're in the realm of splitting hairs but it kinda takes me out of my game.

admin

QuoteI'm using a Digitech FS3X which works quite nicely

Surprised as the Digietech FS3X has steering diodes designed for use with systems that support three footswitches on one TRS connection -which none of the Roland /Boss units support

Brak(E)man

I'm using 2 BOSS FS-5U Foot Switches with ctl 2/3
They don't click and they switch right away (on stomp).
The only downside is no led , not any problem for me but I know many wants it.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

buduranus2

Quote from: admin on November 09, 2021, 03:12:12 PM
Surprised as the Digietech FS3X has steering diodes designed for use with systems that support three footswitches on one TRS connection -which none of the Roland /Boss units support

Well, you're talking way above my pay grade but what intrigued me about the FS3X is that the third switch toggles both CTL2 and CTL3, plus I expected it would switch like a regular stomp box. I only paid $25 for it so easy enough to dispose of.

buduranus2

Quote from: Brak(E)man on November 09, 2021, 03:13:09 PM
I'm using 2 BOSS FS-5U Foot Switches with ctl 2/3
They don't click and they switch right away (on stomp).
The only downside is no led , not any problem for me but I know many wants it.

Well, that'd be the way to go for me then. The lack of an LED is no problem for me either. Appreciate you!