SY-1000 - Wurli piano

Started by Harry1227, October 13, 2021, 10:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry1227

Hi.

Here is an Interesting "Wurli Like" Piano.  You can use the EXP1 like a damp pedal.
Some of the effects are inactive. You can turn on some of them yourself.

Enjoy it ;)

gumtown

Great !!
Thank You for sharing  8)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Harry1227

arkieboy

Thats a very good result, even better for it being dynamic synth.

I always pitch shift the bottom E and A strings down an octave when I programme pianos to give a more realistic separation between the two hands - it might be good to have this as a performance control so you can switch between.  Also IMO you really need to have a phaser after the compressor to get that true 70s electromechanical piano sound, again you'd probably do an assign so you could switch it in and out.  Personally I pushed the reverb up a tad too.

Well done!
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

JiveTurkey

This sounds excellent! Good job!

Brak(E)man

Quote from: arkieboy on October 14, 2021, 05:18:13 AM

I always pitch shift the bottom E and A strings down an octave when I programme pianos to give a more realistic separation between the two hands - it might be good to have this as a performance control so you can switch between. 

For even more realistic voicing , I sometimes use a version of reverse Nashville tuning but in original mode.
E and A octave down , d and g octave up , that gives both the separation of left/right hand and close voicing not possible on guitar but on keyboard instruments.

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Harry1227

Thanks for the interesting ideas. I will definitely try.
By the way, initially I made a patch of a kind of acoustic, slightly out of tune piano for normal mode. And in the process I got tired of the dirty sound of a dynamic synthesizer in normal mode. With a slight movement of my hand, I put the patch into the GK mode and I get this sound! So you can try to bring this patch back to normal mode. In this patch, there is even an oscillator that simulates the high frequency noise when a hammer is struck on a string. I advise you to play something in the upper register around the 12th fret.
It turned out to be something not very expressive ... like a school piano in the basement  ::)

stub

Might be nice to blend in a little electric guitar (with a bridge pickup) which is not that spectrally different from a Wurli. It would probably help with the attack.

Harry1227

Quote from: stub on October 14, 2021, 11:31:47 AM
Might be nice to blend in a little electric guitar (with a bridge pickup) which is not that spectrally different from a Wurli. It would probably help with the attack.
It all depends on the mix in which this piano will play. And I wanted more control over the volume of the transients. In Patch Oscillator # 2 differs from Oscillator # 1 in its attack and a higher cutoff frequency of the filter. So by increasing the volume of Oscillator # 1 we can add more sustain. Also, by increasing the volume of oscillator # 2, we raise the transients. This is automated with the expression pedal. And you can change the balance of transients and sustain while playing.

JiveTurkey

These are great. Thank you!

kimyo

the wurli is always one of the first instruments i go to, thank you so much for this.  it sounds great.  it will be lots of fun to play with tunings and effects.  people will get a lot of use out of this patch.