Rackvax - a variax in a rack

Started by miketheman, March 13, 2011, 01:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miketheman

Hello

Perhaps nothing new to all you people, but I didn´t see any post about it here.

http://www.rackvax.com/

Looks interesting!

/Mike

Elantric-fgn

. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

LesC-fgn

The RackVax is great, finally you don't need to buy a separate guitar for that functionality.  It can be used with any guitar with a 13-pin output.  I use it with my favorite guitar, a Music Man JPX, I have a post about it under "Tech Guitar Discussion", here's the relevant part:

"The RackVax provides a 13-pin thru for simultaneous connection to a midi processor (such as the GR-55 or the VG-99). Line 6 Variax Workbench software can be used to customize the guitar models, including alternate tunings. I run the RackVax through my Line 6 HD500 using VDI. The RackVax is very professionally put together with Line 6's blessing, sounds great, looks great in my rack, and Corey at RackVax answered my email questions immediately."

Also, it will be an easy upgrade when the JTV version of the RackVax comes out.  When I get my JTV version, it won't replace the current one. Because of the 13-pin-thru on the RackVax, you can use both RackVax's at the same time and mix-and-match the two sounds simultaneously. I'll be using the JTV RackVax through my Line 6 HD500, and the current RackVax through my Line 6 Pod-XT Pro. When I want more of a beautiful acoustic sound, either with the RackVax or with an acoustic guitar, I often use my Drawmer 1960 tube preamp/compressor, I think the sound is amazing!