Any Line6 Pod users here? Need advise

Started by Vic1iful-fgn, July 02, 2010, 08:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic1iful-fgn

Got the Pod X3 Pro. Need to know if I should have Monkey open first before I install POD Farm 1. Also from some of what I have been reading over there at line6 is that the instalation of POD Farm has caused some to loose their native patches inside the POD. SInce their new forum sucks I am a bit confused as to what exactly I should do.  Maybe install PODFARM on the computer without connecting the X3 Pro if possible? If you can advise , I'd appreciate it. TIA 

Also, Would I hook up a VG99 through the front of the POD or run a seperate lead out? Would like to contol it all with 1 midi pedal if possible.

Vic1iful-fgn

I only ask because the guys at Sam Ash didn't know enough about the VG99 or the latest POD X3 Pro. And I don't actually have a VG99 to read about it in the manual. So a short answer will suffice if your able. TIA

Elantric-fgn

What does the Pod X3 do that VG-99 can't do?

It's my opinion that cascading both units results in very poor signal to noise ratio. With skill and Knowing how each stage interacts, I think you will obtain much better end results using the VG-99 standalone.
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

Vic1iful-fgn

Germanicus-fgn

Personally I prefer the amp modelling in the pod x3's in many areas to those in the vg99. Ive spent hours trying to get a similar result out of the vg99 to approximate the fullness of some of the line 6 models, especially their pre-amp models available in the x3. They sound great with acoustic guitars.

I wouldnt recommend cascading either,  when I record I use each for different functions.

If you are worried about losing patches, back them up before installing podfarm. I regularly perform backups of my 99 and x3.

If you havent done so, download Gearbox, Install it, connect your pod, and using the Hardware Memory window, use the Bundle- Save button in the top left corner. Then install podfarm. Worst case you can always reload your patches from the bundle.
Roland VG99
Pod HD500
JTV69, Variax 600 and 700 Acoustic
Traynor k4

www.steamtheory.com

Vic1iful-fgn

Ok I will give that a try. Thanks. I love the X3 Pro. It is an animal!