matbard-fgn

Hi Roger,

When do you think it will be released?

Thanks in advance,
-

--> Matteo Barducci

yzept

matbard,

Hi, the current violin version works with guitar as is on an Intel Mac. Windows is not an option until close to the end of the year. Not everything is cooked yet but there is a lot of fun to be had right away if you are willing to experiment. There is a staged roll out of the guitar focussed modules planned with the first one being in my estimate a few months away. My understanding is that those who purchase a StringPort now will receive all the guitar modules at no charge. Once they are fully released the plan is they will cost about $100 each with about 5 or 6 modules so maybe $500 on top of the StringPort itself.

Enough thing are functioning now to make it worth investing $500 for the box and getting started, providing you are prepared to deal with a work in progress. The hardware is in its final form, I think given you would be saving $500 on the guitar software it is worth it even if you just put it aside until the full package comes out. I agree with Elantric, if you want to go exploring this is a must have. It is going to be in a different class to anything currently available when the guitar software comes out and is already very impressive.

This is definitely not something for gigging right now but it does open up a huge number of options to explore. I would keep any eye on the Keith McMillen website because there should be some more official information about the guitar version fairly soon.

I hope this helps,

Roger