Regrets - I've had a few!

Started by Welshman-fgn, September 05, 2009, 02:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welshman-fgn

I'm sat here nervously anticipating the arrival of my new Bose L1 early next week with the usual thought - "I hope I've done the right thing" going through my mind and this makes me think of previous mistakes.
Amps:
Most regretted purchase - Mesa 50 Watt head - TOTAL turkey
Most regretted sale - Engl Screamer 50 Watt combo - may well buy another one some time!

Guitars:
Most regretted purchase - Ibanez Ergodyne EDR470 - just doesn't suit my style of playing, keep meaning to sell it
Most regretted sale - Epiphone LP with a birdseye maple top - played like a dog but looked beautiful

Go on then, confess all - what things to you most regret spending on or offloading?

If you find a cure for GAS let me know!!!!!

MCK-fgn

Pedals:
Most regretted purchase - Behringer vt999 OD - Don't buy!
                                    Little Lanilei Reverb
Most regretted sale - None. I'm not good at selling. Want a vt999?  ;D

Amps:
Most regretted purchase - Modified BlackHeart 5W - Good but overpriced
Most regretted sale - Haven't sold anything yet.

Guitars:
Most regretted purchase - My younger daughter's pink Daisy Rock guitar. Total crap wrapped in pink.
Most regretted sale - Still hopeful I will sell something one day!
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

notafraid-fgn

Most regretted sales:  The Les Paul that got me to Cali.; the B-25 I sold for groceries....Still stings after 25 or so years....but that's what got me here. 

Purchase?:  was a car.  or two. first name, Mitsubishi.

Welshman-fgn

Got an additional regret to add - the Yoggie Gatekeeper I was moaning about on another thread has been dumped and I've gone back to using Norton. My laptop doesn't boot up as fast, but I can now surf the net at much higher speeds and without the damn thing locking up on me every five minutes. They are a great idea in principle, but they need a little more work to get them working properly.
If you find a cure for GAS let me know!!!!!

rhcole-fgn

Worst purchase ever, ever, ever: Univox transistor 150 watt amp head. It had one tone- clean, with bass cut off at about 300hz and midrange boost like a wah pedal. How I ended up with it, I can't remember. I think I traded it for something when I was moving and tight for space.

Most regreted sale: Les Paul Recording in white. A great guitar with its own sound.
Close second: Gibson CS-336. Really nice guitar, may replace it someday.