GX-2 Bug reports

Started by CodeSmart, September 21, 2021, 11:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeSmart

Quote from: magister on April 19, 2022, 06:26:56 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm experiencing a problem with my GX-2.
I have a few patches in my GR-55 in which the GKS2 (or sometimes GKS1, also) switch is set to switch ON/OFF some PCM sounds or effect...
The Boss FS-6 is connected via stereo cable to GX-2's CTRL1 IN and I made a patch in which I've set the 'CTRL1: SW1 Assign' to 'GKA S2'.
Now. If I use the real GK S2 switch on the guitar, the 'control' works correctly switching the tone as set but If I use the FS-6's switch connected to CTRL1 IN on the GX-2 the control doesn't work... ???
I experienced that restarting the GX-2 'sometimes' makes the control work as it should but it seems to be absolutely random and it's not affordable when I'm performing live...
Anyone can help me to solve the problem...?

Works fine for me with a BOSS GP-10 connected to GKA.
I've tried setting the GP-10 to operate SW2 assigned to PATCH DOWN and TUNER ON/OFF.

I'm using FS-7. To me it works regardless if FS-7 is powered or not.

Please verify your FS is in MOMENTARY mode (not LATCH) and that POLARITY is positition "I" (not II)
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

magister

Quote from: CodeSmart on April 23, 2022, 08:42:25 AM
Works fine for me with a BOSS GP-10 connected to GKA.
I've tried setting the GP-10 to operate SW2 assigned to PATCH DOWN and TUNER ON/OFF.

I'm using FS-7. To me it works regardless if FS-7 is powered or not.

Please verify your FS is in MOMENTARY mode (not LATCH) and that POLARITY is positition "I" (not II)
Hi CodeSmart.
The FS-6 is set correctly as also described in the GX-2 user manual but nothing happens... :-[
Didn't try to see if the CC works with my GP10 but I'm sure it doesn't work with GR-55 (that I use the most...)
Roland GR55, Boss GP-10, Boss RC300 Loop Station, Sanchez Classical gtr with RMC system onboard, G&L strato model w/GK3, DeArmond X155 w/GK3, Primova GX-2 and MIDX-10, Mesa/Boogie 50/50, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Rocktron Chameleon online, EHX 44 Magnum power amp, 2 x Epiphone Valve Junior 12 ext. Cab.

magister

Quote from: magister on April 19, 2022, 06:26:56 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm experiencing a problem with my GX-2.
I have a few patches in my GR-55 in which the GKS2 (or sometimes GKS1, also) switch is set to switch ON/OFF some PCM sounds or effect...
The Boss FS-6 is connected via stereo cable to GX-2's CTRL1 IN and I made a patch in which I've set the 'CTRL1: SW1 Assign' to 'GKA S2'.
Now. If I use the real GK S2 switch on the guitar, the 'control' works correctly switching the tone as set but If I use the FS-6's switch connected to CTRL1 IN on the GX-2 the control doesn't work... ???
I experienced that restarting the GX-2 'sometimes' makes the control work as it should but it seems to be absolutely random and it's not affordable when I'm performing live...
Anyone can help me to solve the problem...?
** UPDATE **
Yesterday it was the first live show including the GX-2 and unfortunately I have experienced serious volume problems... :-[
GR-55 and GP-10 are connected to GX-2 (GKA and GKB). GP-10 is connected via USB to: MIDX-10 --> MIDX-10-MIDIout --> GX-2 MIDI IN - GX-2 MIDI OUT1 --> GR-55 MIDI IN.
The MIDI CC#11 is sent from Gp-10's built in EXP pedal, passing through GX-2 (in&out), to GR-55 con control amp volume in realtime. In this configuration the Volume CC works correctly only for a few minutes then goes completely out of control making it impossible to play :'( (see video #1. in the very first seconds the volume goes down itself!!)
IF I connect MIDX-10 midi out DIRECTLY to GR-55 MIDI IN the control works back correctly again (see video#2)
This is driving me crazy... :-\ ???
Roland GR55, Boss GP-10, Boss RC300 Loop Station, Sanchez Classical gtr with RMC system onboard, G&L strato model w/GK3, DeArmond X155 w/GK3, Primova GX-2 and MIDX-10, Mesa/Boogie 50/50, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Rocktron Chameleon online, EHX 44 Magnum power amp, 2 x Epiphone Valve Junior 12 ext. Cab.

CodeSmart

Quote from: magister on April 23, 2022, 09:43:12 AM
** UPDATE **
Yesterday it was the first live show including the GX-2 and unfortunately I have experienced serious volume problems... :-[
GR-55 and GP-10 are connected to GX-2 (GKA and GKB). GP-10 is connected via USB to: MIDX-10 --> MIDX-10-MIDIout --> GX-2 MIDI IN - GX-2 MIDI OUT1 --> GR-55 MIDI IN.
The MIDI CC#11 is sent from Gp-10's built in EXP pedal, passing through GX-2 (in&out), to GR-55 con control amp volume in realtime. In this configuration the Volume CC works correctly only for a few minutes then goes completely out of control making it impossible to play :'( (see video #1. in the very first seconds the volume goes down itself!!)
IF I connect MIDX-10 midi out DIRECTLY to GR-55 MIDI IN the control works back correctly again (see video#2)
This is driving me crazy... :-\ ???

Please e-mail me a backup file of the GX-2 memory. Use the GX-2 Assistant and make the backup (it's actually a XML document). I'll try yo see If I can replicate your problem using your configuration and my own GP-10+GR-55. Also maybe your other problem is related to your wiring or MIDI traffic. Please also describe other assignments/settings in GP-10/GR-55 I need to do for replicating.

magister

Quote from: CodeSmart on April 24, 2022, 06:33:28 AM
Please e-mail me a backup file of the GX-2 memory. Use the GX-2 Assistant and make the backup (it's actually a XML document). I'll try yo see If I can replicate your problem using your configuration and my own GP-10+GR-55. Also maybe your other problem is related to your wiring or MIDI traffic. Please also describe other assignments/settings in GP-10/GR-55 I need to do for replicating.
I already sent you by e-mail everything you ask'd for. Let me know when you manage to get what's wrong with this setup.
Thank you!  ;)

CodeSmart

Quote from: magister on April 29, 2022, 05:30:01 AM
I already sent you by e-mail everything you ask'd for. Let me know when you manage to get what's wrong with this setup.
Thank you!  ;)
Started working on it yesterday, however time is short. Suspect MIDI traffic issue. Please be patient.

jreff

Where can I download the most current Firmware (1.3 I believe)?

gumtown

Quote from: jreff on July 03, 2022, 07:36:24 PMWhere can I download the most current Firmware (1.3 I believe)?

On the PRIMOVA GX-2 page,
https://www.primovasound.com/products/gx2/index.php/

But note the page security certificate has just expired, so you need to enable (depending on your Web browser) access to proceed to the page.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CodeSmart

Quote from: gumtown on July 03, 2022, 08:16:21 PMOn the PRIMOVA GX-2 page,
https://www.primovasound.com/products/gx2/index.php/

But note the page security certificate has just expired, so you need to enable (depending on your Web browser) access to proceed to the page.

SSL Certificate is now back in action.

CodeSmart

Vacation started. Hope to be able to continue where I took off in february  :)

Firmware 2.0 plans:
-New: Selectable GK Set 1-n to GK input (instead of only one fixed set per GK input).
-New: MIDI OUT CC# from GX-2 CTRL1 & 2 expression pedals/footswitches GK Volume knob and S1/S2 switches.
-Bug: MIDI buffer problem fix.

+ possible other enhancements.

gumtown

Something I have sidelined for too long,
 need to pull the GX-2 out of my drawer and continue on playing around with this (and the editor software thing too).
I wonder if there is room inside the box to fit a serial Bluetooth module, the editor code has inadvertently had Bluetooth added.   ::)

Must also get around to ordering two 0.5mtr A>S GK patch leads too.  ;D
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/