GT-100 Amp CTL - To Control Amp

Started by The Texas Dutchman, September 19, 2021, 07:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Texas Dutchman

Hi again,
I've got another question.
I've got a new Amp with Send/Return and a Switch to Control the Clean and Drive Channels.
I can't seem to get the AMP CTL to Control my Amp, I must be doing something wrong..

I think I don't know how to set 'Things' in the GT-100 and then press whatever button to make it happen... Or even better! at the time of a Patch Switch to change to the Other Drive on the Amp... :)

Help please, THANKS!!!

gumtown

The first part is the amp channel selector jack, does it work with a normal latching/toggle footswitch and regular guitar cable ?
Many amp channel jacks can have different systems of operation, whether just a T/S jack, TRS jack, or some the switching is done in the digital data domain.
So test the amp channel switching with a regular open/close footswitch first.

Then in the GT-100 it is quite simple to set the AMP CTL setting to the open/closed position required for the channel wanted, and then save that patch with the AMP CTL in that state.

To how a GT CTL pedal switch it, use either the CTL pedal function set to AMP CTL, or use an Assign for AMP CTL, and then save that patch.

Repeat the process for all patches that require AMP CTL switching.   
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

The Texas Dutchman

Thank you So much!!
You are Great!
So as instructed I first tested the Function of the Amp (Laney TF200) with a 'normal' switch and found out to push the Channel Button 'In' on the Amp to make it switch Channels... There are 3 channels, but I already read in another Discussion on this Forum that 2 can only be used, which is fine with me.
Then I hooked it back up to the Boss GT-100 and would you know, it all works like a charm now  8)
Thanks Again and keep Rocking ;)