Roberts Dental

Started by CodeSmart, September 16, 2021, 12:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrish

Tooth pulled yesterday and bone graft material placed to replace jaw bone loss that was starting to effect one of the adjacent teeth, ie periodontal disease.

I didn't go to the dentist during the height of the pandemic and before the vaccine so a 2019 xray compared to this Falls x-ray shows a rapid deterioration of the bone.

Upon removing the problem tooth, it was discovered that it had a crack down into the root that was creating an infection and the resulting reabsorption of the Jawbone.

Most likely will get an implanted tooth.

admin

Hang in there, glad they determined the issues, best of luck and patience with the implant -took me about a year. And now I'm  due for another on opposite side

whippinpost91850

Hang in there, Get well soon.
I just had a root canal yesterday next to my implant tooth

Chumly

All the best Robert.  Here in Canada we have an excellent socialized medical system (at least compared to the grossly over-priced and inefficient US disorganized mess) plus my former employer provides excellent post-retirement coverage to top things up.  None the less, my teeth are not what they once were, and I sympathize.

Profit seeking behavior / capital markets are not a good mix for healthcare, education, law enforcement, the military, or the correctional system. Those services should put people ahead of corporate profits.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

aliensporebomb

I also stayed away from my dentist during most of the pandemic but am back again.   Had to have a deep cleaning as well as I have a cracked tooth thanks to something they handed out to eat at work.   Oy!  Whatever you do don't neglect your teeth.   I'm just happy I have good insurance and a flexible spending account to take care of the $. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

pasha811

Quote from: chrish on December 22, 2021, 04:00:43 PM
Tooth pulled yesterday and bone graft material placed to replace jaw bone loss that was starting to effect one of the adjacent teeth, ie periodontal disease.

I didn't go to the dentist during the height of the pandemic and before the vaccine so a 2019 xray compared to this Falls x-ray shows a rapid deterioration of the bone.

Upon removing the problem tooth, it was discovered that it had a crack down into the root that was creating an infection and the resulting reabsorption of the Jawbone.

Most likely will get an implanted tooth.

That is good news. Stopping the infection is very important. Unfortunately you have to say goodbye to your tooth and get implant surgery. I regret not having done it when it was time, two years ago so you are brave!
I was and I am paralized by fear about implants and I know it's irrational. My dentist uses all the most advancend techniques so it's practically impossible to damage the mandibular nerve during the implant we have 8mm clearance. ... But I still got a missing tooth and every 15 days or so I damage my exposed gum. So.. better having an implant in the end.
I wish you a speedy recovery!

Paolo
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

CodeSmart

Quote from: Chumly on December 22, 2021, 07:22:28 PM
All the best Robert.  Here in Canada ...
Chumly, It was poor Chrish this time. Not me.

Hang in there Chrish.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

chrish

Quote from: CodeSmart on December 23, 2021, 12:36:41 AM
Chumly, It was poor Chrish this time. Not me.

Hang in there Chrish.
thank all of you for your best wishes. Robert this is a good thread that you started.

When I was young, I didn't pay too much attention to the ramifications of ignoring good dental hygiene or even regular visits to the dentist and now its time to pay the piper. Think I went 7 years at one point without a visit to the dentist.

Hopefully this thread will have an influence on some of the younger members to brush, floss, and visit the dentist.

BROCKSTAR

Feel better!

Mine got bad and ignored growing up that I had to have them all removed in 2008 and boy let me tell you it was the best thing ever. 13 years of no pain or worry over them!

whippinpost91850

Chumly, please keep your politics out of this.  Thanks