Gtak 6 is now available

Started by Dalai_llama, June 17, 2021, 07:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalai_llama

Dear Forum Members,

Gtak for Kontakt 6 is now available. I myself have longed for its release, since upgrading to Kontakt 6 over a year ago. I have been a Gtak user since version 4, and it has made my life so much easier. Some of Kontakt's sample libraries are just divine, and to be able to drive that without hiccups from my guitar was a godsend. Gtak allows you to filter strings, remap CC messages, build racks of instruments that can be switched on and off via midi controllers (I used a FCB 1010 for that), start/stop drum loops from specific notes on the neck, and a lot more. I recorded the entire soundtrack for a dance festival using only my guitar and the Axon in 2014, including percussion, string ensembles, and choir. This process went without a single glitch.

For those of you not familiar, Gtak is a very ingenious and powerful tool for translating midi information for every guitar string/midi channel into Kontakt, so that you only need one instance of an instrument while playing midi guitar -- as opposed to 6, one for each string. On top of that, it has several other features, including advanced pedal settings and dynamic keyswitching, just to name a couple. There are some videos on their website showcasing its features:

www.evenharmonic.com

Gtak was developed by Costas Calamvokis, who also worked on the Fishman Triple Play plugin. He is a midi guitar enthusiast and is currently developing a full analog synth for midi guitar using floor pedal boxes, the StompSynth.

Other info and link to videos can be seen in the pinned thread:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3339.0

The price for a new licence is 59 GBP, with upgrades from any version costing 25 GBP. I'm a bit partial here, but it's been one of the best spent Pounds in the entire decade for me.

A demo version is available, and I highly recommend trying it out before purchasing. 

(Disclaimer: I have been a Gtak customer/user since 2011 and had never had direct contact with the company. In the Summer of 2020, however, I became personally acquainted with Mr. Calamvokis and gave him a small assistance with testing this version. I have no affiliation with Even Harmonic and collect no commissions whatsoever from sales.)

Yadrichik Chaya

Good Stuff! Thanks for sharing  ;D

teejay

Anyone using MIDI guitar and kontakt REALLY should have this!!!!
I wish I'd tried it sooner.....
At the price, a complete no-brainer!
Custom KGB headless, internal GK2a and sustainiac stealth plus. GR55 straight into PA.   Guitar out (COSM) feeding digitech VL4 vocal harmoniser.