Roland GR-1 Synth/GK2 pickup ..GT1000 Core

Started by catfishjack, April 24, 2021, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catfishjack

I put my guitars away 16 years ago never to see the light of day again. Road musician who took a different path,.
A Shirt and tie/ family . Now I might want to play again but after being out of the loop for some long I need help.
I used the Roland GR-1 Synth for over 12 years and mine is tweaked to the point that I will always use it.
I'm to old to spend hundreds of hours on new gear.
I also Used a  VG-8 then a VG-88.
I want to rack my gear but my VG-88 is just to big to rack so...I want to get a GT-1000 Core.
I see the core doesn't use a GK pickup no big deal but some out there must be using a Roland synth and one of these together..
How is it working out for you?
Just looking for opinions and some direction. Thanks!

admin

gumtown

Yes to the SY-1000, as Admin has suggested, the SY-1000 has most of the GT-1000 features/effects + HRM modelled instruments/synths using a GK input.

There is a possibility that your GR-1 internal memory storage battery (lithium CR2032 button cell with about 10~15 year life span) may have gone flat and the GR-1 could be storing 'gibberish'.

If you know the VG-8/VG-88 then you will love the SY-1000, being a few generations up from those in modelling (3 x independent lines of synth/modeling at same time) and the Amp modes are superb (actually has a few more amp models than the GT-1000).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/