Pink Floyd cover with the Core

Started by Fremen, March 08, 2021, 08:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fremen

Playing "Marooned" with the Boss GT-1000 Core. The backing track is a live recording of my band, with my original guitar track muted.
It's far from perfect, as I forgot many parts, and improvised a lot. Also, my studio is quite noisy and my guitar is picking up noise. But revisiting this song (and all the others, more videos are coming) almost two years after our last show was fun !

And another one :

Brent Flash

Fremen

Thank you Brent ! I registered a very long time ago, but only posted for the first time yesterday. In the past I used many Boss units, GX700, SX700, GT3, GT8, and not counting the pedals...

roachone

Great sound and great playing my friend!

Fremen

Thank you :)

I uploaded many more videos, here's the full playlist ; the 1st video is a longer "best of" one, each other video is a longer extract of one song

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmP16eKKE2uP3q0MmmUpk_QGPGy-AgaxF

Fremen

aliensporebomb

U2 was spot on perfect!  I love the spontaneous cat wrestling too.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Fremen

Thank you ! Yes my kitties are crazy, lol... I have four of those

Two more demos :

Fremen

I've seen many discussions regarding using the stock cabs vs IRs in the Boss GT-1000, so I made this video.

Of course, it's not a scientific comparison : my amp settings have been tweaked with the IRs I use in each of my presets. Still, it shows the differences on basic settings (I used the "ORIGINAL" Boss cabs, which are made for the specific amp model selected - btw, as they're slightly louder than the user IRs, I dimed their volume a little).

Some stock cabs could definitely work for me with some more fine tuning, and others, not. But I always prefer using IRs, and sometimes, by a wide margin ! It's probably because I've been using  IRs since around 2005 and started making my own almost at the same time ; after all these years, I've settled on a selection of IRs that works for me for the type of sounds I'm after. It has been a rabbit hole the first years, and I understand that it still is for many users !