PD Space Guitar Synthesizer BETA 1.1.0 is online

Started by PD FX, December 17, 2020, 06:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD FX

Quote from: aliensporebomb on April 13, 2022, 01:31:08 AM
The demo sounds fantastic.  Watching this space. I'm a Mac and PC user so I suppose I could see how it works on the PC side...
thanks!

PD FX

RIP Vangelis, tnx for the inspiration
A largely improvised live take with my Tele Acousticaster Player, all fx: PD Space Guitar Synthesizer

jassy

The beta version has expired, hope we cant lost this amazing guitar synth.

Nobulusprime

I do hope this becomes an official app. I'll definitely pay for it, if it becomes live

jassy

PD Space Guitar new directions:

PD FX

HI Folks,
PD Space Guitar BETA 1.2.1 is out!
Due to legal dangers I had to build a new engine, so that took some time...
The guitars spectrum is now more central, but it also provides a whole lot of synthiness.
Bass guitar and/or lower tunings are now also supported by means of a latency knob: 0.2 is normal for gutiar, about 0.5 works nice for polyphonic bass.
https://testflight.apple.com/join/gHe6ZWUc

PD FX

The combination of slow attack and polyphonic dynamic filter gives a lot of expressive room: soft plucks result in synthy dark tones here, louder plucks result in a more guitarlike tone. So you dont need a lot of floorpedals to get variation, just your fingers and your gutiars pickups and tone control
PS: this is done with the upcoming beta 1.2.2: the filter resonance  sounds better now in the dark range, and it follows the sounds more smoothly.

PD FX

- Beta 1.2.3 is on Testflight.
- Space Guitar has now its own forum: by and by it will be filled with helpful information.
The forum is on spaceguitar.pauldriessen.de

jassy

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

PD FX

PD Guitar Synthesizer is now available in the appstore for a special early bird introduction price!
You cannot view this attachment.

Brak(E)man

Early Bird here 🦤
Got one
Looking forward to trying it out.

- Lydia Lunch

PD FX

Quote from: Brak(E)man on September 17, 2022, 12:33:33 AMEarly Bird here 🦤
Got one
Looking forward to trying it out.

thanks for the support!
official release V1.2.5 will be online in a few days, fixing a few minor quirks and making the pedal whammy smooth (which it isn't yet in 1.2.4)

jassy

Another early birded here, great price btw.

PD FX

Quote from: Bluesbird on September 17, 2022, 05:24:16 AMAnd another early bird. I tried it in audiobus using two instances feeding the split signal from a Submarine pro pickup.  I experienced a lot of distortion/crackling/fizzling even when increasing buffer to 512.  It was fine when using standalone. Using an iPad Air 4. 
please try turn off the reverb in SG, that is too heavy to run twice in a host.

Brak(E)man

After a short TestFlight as an early Birdie 🦤
I would say that this is great 👍
I had to get my old focusrite Itrack out.

I got stuck playing on one of the saw lead, great response, sound , "trig" etc.
After some food I'll try some fretless for sliding greatness.
I have only one request.
I like to use my hands for adjusting things on the fly , so the sliders are great but for my big fingers they could be longer and wider.
There's a lot of "" SPACE "" around the UI on my 5th gen iPad , so another inch ?
But this is a sidebar not really important.

Great work , I'm seeing myself with a rig consisting of two iPads ( or iPad + iPhone ) and a looper.
The Space guitar + Flux + my DD-20 is probably all I need.

In short fantastic!!🦧🙈🕴

- Lydia Lunch

PD FX

Quote from: Brak(E)man on September 18, 2022, 04:39:27 AMAfter a short TestFlight as an early Birdie 🦤
I would say that this is great 👍
Great work , I'm seeing myself with a rig consisting of two iPads ( or iPad + iPhone ) and a looper.
The Space guitar + Flux + my DD-20 is probably all I need.
In short fantastic!!🦧🙈🕴
glad you like it!
For the future, a big GUI will come, but for now it is focused on this one compact GUI, making it quicker to develop for both standalone and auv3.

Brak(E)man

Quote from: Paul Driessen on September 18, 2022, 06:14:24 AMglad you like it!
For the future, a big GUI will come, but for now it is focused on this one compact GUI, making it quicker to develop for both standalone and auv3.

Ok , great!
Big fingers , small brain.

And yes I like it a lot.
I've tried fretless and it works great even the harmonics gliss that's possible with fretless.

I'm looking forward to spending time with it .
It's a nice surprise, I've almost given up on using iPad for anything but
Flux which I have running on an old iPad 4.

Great introductory price , great presets , also surprised about the size in Mb.
Memory eating iOS gets worse and worse for each update....
I'm sure that's on purpose. 🙊

Are you going to make an iOS 16 update in the near future

- Lydia Lunch

Brak(E)man

Irig 1 is working perfectly with SG on my 2016 iPhone SE
It doesn't seem to have any cpu issues as standalone.

- Lydia Lunch

PD FX

Quote from: Brak(E)man on September 18, 2022, 08:18:07 AMIrig 1 is working perfectly with SG on my 2016 iPhone SE
It doesn't seem to have any cpu issues as standalone.
The standalone is my personal favorite way of using it. I know too well that people love AUM en Audiobus, so I provide all the pluginishness I can provide ofcourse. But I like the fast preset switching and simplicity of the standalone usage, with the super bonus of using old iphones and ipads for having a complete extra multi fx engine..

PD FX

One goodie I didn't document anywhere yet:
the standalone presets and IR's are in the filesystem. so you can add IR's, and copy all presets and IR's from 1 ipad to another ;)
Due to Apple's complicated privacy appgroup scheming, I wasnt able to make the auv3 share these public folders.

PD FX

I think I added the last knob, it is a mode swtich for the filtering. it creates a focus that is very nice for lead playing.
about the vid: I'm not a real fusion player, but I hope you catch my drift here ;)

whippinpost91850

PD FX

PD Space Guitar Synthesizer 1.3.0 **Beta** is out!
Improved CPU usage, AUv3 is multiple times loadable in hosts, mono/stereo/3amp modes, improved hold functions and more.
In this vid I show how to create a full stereo auto hold chord backing