gt100 type preamp list

Started by colluluigi, August 03, 2020, 11:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colluluigi

Hello
I just bought a gt100 but I have a problem when I select a TYPE of PREAMP the drop-down list moves all the time and I have a hard time choosing
it is normal for you or it is a fault of my gt100
Thank you for your reply

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group colluluigi!  :)

Brent Flash

I would say that is not normal.

Brent Flash

Is it connected to a computer?

gumtown

Most likely a faulty knob pot on the GT-100.
You might need to give the knobs a good 'work out' to clean any internal build up of dust.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

colluluigi

colluluigi

Quote from: gumtown on August 03, 2020, 05:14:55 PM
Most likely a faulty knob pot on the GT-100.
You might need to give the knobs a good 'work out' to clean any internal build up of dust.

I have had it for 2 days I don't think the knob are already dirty

gumtown

Quote from: colluluigi on August 03, 2020, 10:28:00 PM
I have had it for 2 days I don't think the knob are already dirty

You brought it new?
if the Amp selection list is scrolling by itself without user input, and the GT-100 is new, it has a fault with the menu rotary encoder.
Take it back to the store for a exchange or refund.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

pbognar

Quote from: colluluigi on August 03, 2020, 11:29:41 AM
Hello
I just bought a gt100 but I have a problem when I select a TYPE of PREAMP the drop-down list moves all the time and I have a hard time choosing
it is normal for you or it is a fault of my gt100
Thank you for your reply

I remember this happening to me once and I seem to recall the solution was to perform a factory initialization.

pauloshure

Reset it and test it again, if it doesn't work try the gt-10 self-test..with it turned off volume to minimum and volume pedal to minimum, hold down the right arrow and the write button, this will enter the Test mode for it, choose test button vr360..if all are without defect it will appear ok..any result outside of that is defect.